Premier League 2020/21 (Part 2)

TV scheduling. Sky and BT Sport dictate kick off times.

1 Like

2 Interesting games today.

West Ham Leicester and Spurs Man U.

Guessing we want Leicester and gulpā€¦ United to win

1 Like

Draws would do too.

2 Likes

Ye thatā€™s true however draws still keep West Ham and spurs in the equation.

Would rather them out of it

1 Like

Yeah, we are in a pickle.

Iā€™m guessing Spurs and Leicester will win tonight.

Whatever results helps us get top 4. Least bothered if united or whoever wins that can help us achieve the same; none are winning the league anyways.

1 Like

I said it earlier, City, United and Leicester are pretty much lock-on for the top three spots. So whatever results help us get that fourth spot.

Leicester are playing ManU, Spurs and Chelsea at the end of the season. Pretty sure they wonā€™t make the Top4 if they donā€™t win today.

1 Like

Let me try to explain a bit.

Firstly, I donā€™t expect Leicester to drop points against other top-four contenders. So having games against WHU, MU, Chelsea and Spurs means those teams dropping points as much as Leicester dropping points.

Secondly, as the Chelsea-WBA and City-Leeds games showed us that any team is capable of taking points off the top teams. I think games involving Fulham, Newcastle, BHA, Burnley, Wolves and Villa are bound to throw out some surprises.

So Leicester arenā€™t any particularly vulnerable.

Iā€™m not even going to try and pick results. If Leicester arenā€™t dropping any points against that lot as you expect then even United are vulnerable as anyone to being caught as their run is also tricky. If they lose today, then against us and against Leicester as well then they are back in the pack.

You really canā€™t definitively say at this point. Leicester and United have the drop on everyone else and ā€˜shouldā€™ theoretically not have a problem but that fixture list is a funny old thing.

2 Likes

I also think Spurs will take care of United today. Mourinho may have managed United but after his period there I reckon he has a bit of a grudge against them. He will pull out whatever he has in his locker to get up on them and Ole just wonā€™t have enough to handle it especially since the obligatory penalty advantage he gets is now faced by the conundrum the Ref will be facing with Harry Kane being on the opposing line up and also expecting a cheap one.

I still think Chelsea will lose a few more, Palace are on beach mode alreadyā€¦ They always go this way when safe.

1 Like

Fulham should have taken Origi on loan during winter window.

1 Like

When it comes to these situations, I hope for a point deduction brawl circa 1990 style.

That way, you donā€™t need to get filthy.

Iā€™m not too sure about Leicester, they have form for dropping off around this stage of the season, maybe I am wrong and they have learnt from last season but Iā€™m not entirely convinced. Have a feeling that this is going to go down to the final day, a bit like 02/03 (but hopefully itā€™ll end a little better for usā€¦)

1 Like

Newcastle leading 2-1. Not exactly what I want, a draw would be better.

Leicester? West Ham? Draw?

West Ham leading 2-0. This isnā€™t a good scoreline for us. Commentator is irritating, really going over the top about West Ham and Lingard.

3 Likes

That second goal was scandalous. Oh Brenda, you are doing it again.

1 Like

In fairness he has been magic for them, whatā€™s that now, 8 goals in 9 games or something?

West Ham in the champions leagueā€¦ The world has gone mad.

3 Likes