Premier League 2020/21 (Part 2)

Very much in our hands, but no straightforward. We need to beat Burnley, which won’t be easy, and then better or equal Leicester’s result against Spurs.

3 Likes

3 points first and foremost.

1 Like

Why was Dean on the pitch, that Rudiger could do whatever he wanted?

Well we just need to win 2 matches and it is enough for T4

Scenario of going into the final day with a chance of finishing top 4 is baffling considering only a few weeks back.

As I said can’t rely on others. We need to do our own job, no one has ever done us favours.

11 Likes

I don’t like the term ‘in our hands’ if it’s not. It’s not either in LC’s or LFC’s hands at the moment and still won’t be either of we win tomorrow.

1 Like

Not true, all depends on goal difference. We in the driving seat, but seriously, this is football, TH could have 2 players sent off in the first 5 minutes and be down 4-0 at half time.

2 Likes

Equally, we win, LC win, Chelsea lose, that would be nice…

2 Likes

If we win both of our remaining games 1-0, that means Leicester would need to beat Spurs 3-0 or 4-1 to qualify. Very unlikely

We are in the driving seat

Also worth remembering Chelsea still need to beat Villa, a draw will not be enough.

11 Likes

LC at home in front of the fans will be a tough proposition for Spurs. Do they have anything to play for? It’s hard to rule out LC spanking them in front of the fans.

That’s not to say we can’t either.

Europa League, and Harry’s golden boot :wink:

3 Likes

And a young manager trying to prove himself.

2 Likes

Jasper Carrot bottled it, stepped away from the scuffle, only gave a yellow.

As for us, win against Burnley and see where it’s at then. Single focus. That game. Dyche hates us. They have fans in the house. We will have to be resolute, and match their intensity. Our strikers will have to get stuck in and not be so wasteful in front of goal.

Game on.

6 Likes

Today I think Chelsea actually did us a favour. With Leicester’s current trajectory, I think we will overtake them, despite our season ! And if we secure CL, our season is suddenly not awful all in all (bad, but not awful). I got faith now, but man, we have needed some outside intervention and “nice results” to get here, got to admit that.

7 Likes

Would have preferred Leicester to win that but hey ho. We need to capitalise now

1 Like

The thing I took away from that game.

• Leicester look fucked. They were gone from about 60mins

• We dodged a bullet on Werner. Laughably bad.

• is Tammy injured? Absolutely criminal the way he’s been treated.

2 Likes

I was having a quick look on thesheend forum and there seems to be a lot of head scratching going on (possibly head lice, cause they’re dirty bastards) as to why Tammy hasn’t been used under Tuchel

1 Like

Maybe its because he doesn’t speak German; Havertz and Werner definitely do and i would assume pulisic does too

Tuchel speaks better English than Klopp when he came in. Don’t think that’s an issue.

8 Likes

Just hope that the glass ankles Drooooler makes an effort against Leicester…
With an impending transfer this summer for him, I am not so sure he will be fully committed at the risk of getting an injury and scuppering his move…!

1 Like

He has plenty of incentives.

As long as he has a chance of winning the Golden Boot I’m sure he will be focused on scoring. This will be his last chance this season to make his case to a buying club to pay the fee Levy insists on to release him. Getting Europa League football for Spurs may make it easier to get them to let him go.

I think he is also fairly professional. I dont recall ever seeing him ‘dial it in’…

4 Likes