Premier League 2020/21 (Part 2)

Oh this season has been dreadful as I said the stuff against Everton and reviews for shite like that Fabinho fair tackle.

I think Coote might have been on both.

4 Likes
2 Likes

We were being shafted on a weekly basis until our form dropped off a cliff and the injuries finally caught up with us. Once it was obvious we were no longer a threat the level of corruption dropped off.
The consecutive home games against United and Burnley where Tierney blew up early as Mane was clean through just before HT and Dean gave Burnley the dodgy pen were the final nails in the coffin and they were able to relax safe in the knowledge it was job done.

2 Likes

Agreed Matty. I think the last few have been officiated pretty well, but there are a few moments that stick out in my mind from this season. Welbeckā€™s last second dive, and the ā€œoffsideā€ in the first match v Everton. There are a few more but those 2 come instantly to mind as blatant robbery of points that were ours.

3 Likes

Honestly, apart from our fantastic end of season form, I am so, so impressed by Leeds. I didnā€™t think even the famed Bielsa would manage to keep them that high up the table. So , so very impressive. A 9th place finish in the Premier League ! That is just so very strong.

1 Like

Our players didnā€™t deserve it all, our board and owners did though (I am honestly surprised how easily our fans forgot/forgave that abominable travesty, we were super slow to withdraw from the Super League and probably deserved much more flakk than we actually got imo, though not our totally innocent players). Should have been sent to our owners instead. John Henry got off very, very easy imo. But many will probably disagree.

Even so, I think our players survived and are fine and donā€™t suffer any PTST from that. I look at it from another perspective, I was in favour of massive sanctions against the erring teams (and I hope Juventus, Madrid and the ones still in it will pay very, very dearly), so for me the most important thing that happened was the extreme opposition to it, which ā€œhelpedā€ the English teams withdraw. Then I suppose even though our players deserved none of the flak, it ended well in the end and all the flak did after all contribute to the demise of that horrendous Super League plan; so I can forgive Leeds very easily, disrespectful or not. What is important is that that vile plan got torpedoed, that is what really matters (to me at least), as I think our players likely didnā€™t get take any damage from that Leeds stunt.
The very integrity of football in Europe itself is much too important a cause, so all the criticism was very, very helpful in the end (I am still some what moody over the fact that we can probably thank the Chelsea fans for it, which galls me) even though Leeds made our players and Klopp uncomfortable. I can certainly live with that given the importance of the cause, and I am sure they can too and that they donā€™t walk around these days and think about that shirt-stunt too much.

I just donā€™t think it was a very big deal all in all. What happened in the background was too important to focus on some disrespectful mockery in my view, I would rather keep focus on the Super League matter myself. I really do think our owners have dodged a bullet there.

But I am sure many will disagree.

2 Likes

Letā€™s hope VAR is fucked off next season, itā€™s been utdā€™s most important player.

8 Likes

So itā€™s staying.

2 Likes

I was all for VAR because weā€™ve been getting done over for years but the fact it can be manipulated so easily to get to the decision the cheat in the VAR room wants makes it pretty pointless. They can fuck you with or without VAR.

4 Likes

I want a change to the hands rule, as I donā€™t want players and teams to be penalised for balls shot into their arms like we have seen the last two season. I find it just unjust and it leads to some outrageous penalties.
And then I want them to alter slightly the offside rule so that if it is impossible for tv studios to see if a player is offside or not, like we have seen some cases of, then I want it to be ruled onside even though the computer says it is 0.0000 mm offside. Imo, if you canā€™t possible see it with the human eye, then it is onside.

Those two for me are quite important and would greatly affect controversy and make VAR better in my view, as I think those two are the most glaring errors and what is causing the most outrage concerning VAR.

2 Likes

Needs some massive changes, VAR is fine, the way itā€™s used is not.

7 Likes

I just want the refs to give us every 50-50 decision and card all opposition players who try to tackle ours. Sounds fair to meā€¦

10 Likes

Even half of them would be great.

2 Likes

Wouldnā€™t mind if this time they didnā€™t decide to relax/amend/nuance a particular interpretation six weeks into the season after weā€™ve already copped it in the bum.

The AFL do the above all the time, btw, and the constant tinkering drives the fans fucking mental.

5 Likes

Made this as part of a conversation with some WhatsApp buddies, thought I may as well share it here too.

Click through for the top 4 + Leicester, Tottenham, and Arsenal.

6 Likes

interesting

i know VVD wasnt a burn out but, might have to be wary of Salah and Robertson burning out, stay away fromn Teilmans and surely Vardy cant keep those minutes upā€¦

cheers mate

Interesting, top two in the table had the most consistent CB pairings.

1 Like
8 Likes
12 Likes

Really good move by him and will have done those lads the world of good.

Seen Klopp do similar things.

2 Likes