Premier League 2020/21 (Part 2)

Would be Chelsea in 2015, I don’t remember Leicester’s being that good eithier.

Of course before Sky invented football one team took the gold medal in title defences when they were relegated.

That team…Manchester City

4 Likes

Premier League prize money 2020/21 as per (Premier League 2020-21 Prize Money)
1st - Man City - £38m
2nd - Man Utd - £36m
3rd - Liverpool - £34m
4th - Chelsea - £32m
5th - Leicester - £30m
6th - West Ham - £28m
7th - Tottenham - £27m
8th - Arsenal - £24m
9th - Leeds - £23m
10th - Everton - £21m
11th - Aston Villa - £19m
12th - Newcastle - £17m
13th - Wolves - £15m
14th - Crystal Palace - £13m
15th - Southampton - £11m
16th - Brighton - £10m
17th - Burnley - £8.5m
18th - Fulham - £6m
19th - West Brom - £4m
20th - Sheffield United - £2.5m

1 Like

It’s slightly odd that teams receive ‘prize money’ after finishing in the bottom three. Rewarded for failure.

3 Likes

That’s in addition to the huge parachute payments which gives them a huge unfair advantage over the others in the Championship.

3 Likes

The real frustration is that Fulham, for example, had the same voting power as teams that have never been relegated despite coming and going with the wind.

3 Likes

That’s the first year of Mbappé’s wages covered.

6 Likes

Well they did “compete”.

I wonder how they will do TV this year.

In regards the parachute payments it shows how well Barnsley and Brentford have done really, though Swansea may now be at the end of their 3 year period.

Brentford especially considering this is the 3/4 season they’ve been up there.

It’s the game I’m more interested in next Saturday.

5 Likes

Random thoughts:

Leeds need reminded of their place. After the shithouse shenanigans of leaving the shirts in our changing room (which Hendo also deemed “disrespectful”) and how much they chirp our players I will always want to see us smash them.

Newcastle finishing 12th actually seems quite an achievement and under the radar success. IMO that’s a nice season for them.

Ralph has some work to do at Southampton. After beating us, they did absolutely nothing the rest of the year. I really like him but they grossly underachieved the second half of the season. Injuries or not, He needs to prove himself.

4 Likes

Soton did seem to be the only team (bar us) that usually had 8 or 9 injuries listed weekly.

Credit to Moyes for taking WHU to the Europa League considering who he has finished above.

2 Likes
4 Likes

I wonder how many points we lost with all these decisions against us. Eight? Ten? It’s insane.

9 Likes

Just too many.

It’s not just the lost points. This type of absurdity hindered the natural flow of our game.

Remember the time Mane was wrestled down against United and there wasn’t any card?

Scandalous.

7 Likes

nothing to see here…im sure it all evens itself out over the course of the season

5 Likes

Unless you are the owners of man cheaty, in which case, the term ‘even’ is anathema.

1 Like

Seen a few tables the last few days which are adjusted for no VAR, needless to say we came out much worse than anybody else. We’d have been clear in 2nd place without VAR.
The thing is it’s not just VAR it’s all the other shite decisions that didn’t get looked at. The constant manhandling of Mane and Salah, the fact any contact by a Liverpool player is a foul…we just cannot allow these fucking cheats to get away with it again next season.

6 Likes

I don’t quite see how we avoid to be taken points off us again. Public protest will only worsen things. Maybe a quiet word from the club to the PL? I dunno…

Yeah, it’s difficult, having to ask if there’s any way our matches can be refereed fairly :slightly_frowning_face:

But we have to do something or we may as well not bother.

During our title-winning season, we were treated quite fairly for once. I don’t understand why there has been such a relapse since football restarted.

Plenty of times we had very dodgy decisions in that season as well, we were just too good, I actually don’t think the last few games have been all that bad.

People can nitpick but we aren’t getting stuff like when Mariner was asked to review that Fabinho tackle.

3 Likes

Yeah, but they were the usual ref fuck-ups, and we had some going in our favour as well. Whereas this season, there have been so much more decisions going against us than for us.

1 Like