Premier League 2021/22 (Part 1)

First time in English football? Citeh nearly always gets the rub of the green.

Oh well. Was good while it lasted.

Ridiculous penalty. The dive was clear and obvious. More questionable refereeing.

Martinelli POS, could’ve been 3-0 before that penalty if he didn’t waste so many chances.

This kind of green?

Music Video GIF

1 Like

Two yellow for the plonker

1 Like

How the bleep can that be a penalty and the foul on Jota not?

1 Like

Martinelli did a clearance with that gaping goal. Ref handing it to Shitty.

Rodri watch - before the equaliser, he made a robust challenge. No card, no free kick (he should’ve got a yellow in the first half). And stupid soft fouls by the arses getting clamped down on.

I know it was stupid by the Arse palyers, but ref seemingly controlling the game differently between the two teams.

2 Likes

Simples
Certain calls (against Cheaty) are not reviewed
Most calls for their benefit are reviewed

We didn’t pay the referees?

What else is new?

Players behaving like petulant children now.

2 Likes

Well…if transactions are conducted in cash, it will be extremely hard to detect…just saying…

Again, I am pretty sure we ain’t going to see any English refs in the knockout stages of the Euros and World Cup.

VAR gets involved when clear and obvious. So the VAR/ref team can make up a a story such as: I saw Jota stop and buy the foul. VAR then looks a minute details to see if ref’s story can be bended to fit the action If it can, then they will put their hands up and say not clear and obvious.

With the Shitty penalty, VAR will make up a story to see soemthing that the ref didnb’t pick up.

1 Like

Hopefully the Arse can channel that frustration into battling it out and not giving an inch. That said, I’d get Xhaka off the pitch immediately.

Arsenal need to calm down and defend for their lives.

See the fouls Shitty did in the first half with no cards. Then see what the ref is dishing out in the second and to which team.

4 Likes

Play-by-play here said that’s 100 sending offs for Arsenal, first team to hit that mark in the PL era.

1 Like

I cant blame Arsenal for losing their heads in this one now. The ref has handed this to City. Not the 2nd yellow, that was fair enough, the dive was blatant though and if that amount of shirt holding is worthy of a pen then there would be 5 of those a game, minimum. Arsenal wasted too many chances but the ref is going to be the big difference in this game. I just hope it gets called up.

The refs deserve to be held accountable for their actions not just in this game but for the whole season. If they haven’t taken a pay packet from City then they’ve wasted a very big opportunity

2 Likes

Referring decisions are so skewed these days that it can’t be deemed as inconsistency or even incompetency, it’s blatant corruption.

1 Like