Premier League 2021/22 (Part 1)

Gordon has such a punchable face, and a cheat on top of that.

1 Like

Well, yes. The application is shit. Instead of correcting a decision it’s being used where a Ref can say well I thought I saw that and if it’s a reasonable assumption to think he saw that then too bad. The correct application would be to make the correct decisions and tell the on field Ref, listen what you saw is balls and we don’t care why you thought you saw it that way i.e. The Jota decision where they said they saw the contact but thought he stopped to initiate it(ignoring the fact that the rationale is balls as well).

1 Like

The PL application of VAR is, if it ain’t broken, let’s break it.

3 Likes

What is “the correct decision” on a matter of opinion?

There has to be a line drawn for when it can be used because it would be mayhem if the VAR was used to simply intervene every time the guy in the booth came a different subjective decision than the ref did.

I am not saying that the balance they have currently taken is correct, but that the overwhelming majority of the whining about its use simply ignores what the rules for its use.

3 Likes

OR… the PL application of VAR is, like a Rubik’s cube is to a 3yr old…!

1 Like

There are some open to interpretation indeed however we could probably overlook the few interpretive decisions as long as the clear as day ones that have been overlooked start getting given.

That was a stunning goal by BHA, really nice

What a goal that’s bye bye bitters

Over the outstretched, but very short arms :rofl:

2 Likes

Thought I have seen Gordon from somewhere before, now I remember…

Nice goal there against Everton.

1 Like

Gordon again 2-3

Leeds 2-1 Burnley.

1 Like

Brentford 2-1

1 Like

Brighton’s defense are suicidal there, could have put themselves in giving up a penalty.

What a messy goal being given up by Villa.

Brighton trying to gift the bitters a equaliser

Leeds grabbed another one. 3-1.

1 Like

Trezeguet should be booked for that, clown.

2 Likes

Embarrassing moment when trezeguet goes down looking for a penalty. Should have been booked. Brighton and Brentford win

1 Like

That was so bad…