Premier League 2021/22 (Part 1)

Liverpool v Leeds Utd in the Premier League, rearranged for Wednesday 23rd February. Just 4 days before the Carabao Cup Final at Wembley v Chelsea on Sunday 27th February. :neutral_face:

1 Like

When is football back on? :cry: I’m having to do all sorts of boring pointless things like reading and cleaning and stuff to distract me :frowning: IT’S NOT FUCKING FAIR.

2 Likes

Well, you could always watch YouTube videos of Luis Diaz, argue about Brendan Rodgers or count Boris Johnson’s lies.

2 Likes

There’s not enough time left in the life of the universe to complete this.

2 Likes

Now let me guess. Have Chelsea got a midweek game before the final?

I’m not that bothered a week off we would probably end up looking rusty.

7 Likes

Yes. They are having their first leg of the CL game.

Which is why Arsenals moaning about the abandoned cup semi final made no sense. Momentum teams need Momentum

1 Like

Feb 6: Cardiff
Feb 10: Leicester
Feb 13: Burnley
Feb 16: Inter
Feb 19: Norwich
Feb 23: Leeds
Feb 27: Chelsea

We had a congested February in any case. Doesn’t matter unless we have some atrocious fitness crisis.

1 Like

Were did you get this, on the official PL side it still says Date To Be Confirmed

Sunday - Thursday - Sunday

Unnecessary.

Especially making us play on a Sunday a few days before the CL.

1 Like

It’s been like this for ages. Not sure why everyone gets in a faff about it all the time. A whole 20 years ago we played an FA Cup final, a European Cup final and the final game in the PL, a must win to secure CL football, all in the same week.

In any case, our team thrives on thick and fast to be honest. Give em time to think and relax and they invariably come back flat.

6 Likes

Correct, the more we play, the better we play, give them a week off and they seem rusty. We only need enough midfielders to rotate and with Thiago and Elliott back we should have.

1 Like

How is it any different from Saturday - Wednesday - Saturday?

2 Likes

Confusion Reaction GIF

1 Like

It’s completely different as we all know Thursday’s are for 2nd tier wannabes!

1 Like

With both Mo and Sadio in the final on Sunday evening I am sure Klopp won’t start them on Thursday vs Leicester.

Mo played his third extra time tonight.

and there is absolutely no doubt the final will go to extra time too. Maximum Mo and Mane Minutes :frowning:

Our bench may look tasty, I can see Mane making it and maybe even Diaz.

Just hoping that we will keep on winning our league games at least until City drop points again.

We will have a real title race if that happens in the coming weeks.

Leicester at Anfield will be dangerous because we don’t know in what shape Mo and Sadio will be.

Then we play away against Burnley - difficult.

After that we have Norwich and Leeds at home.