Premier League 2021/22 (Part 1)

Make him work in an animal shelter.

2 Likes

Give it a shiny coat of financial name paint like leveraged buyout or credit default swap or mortgage backed securities or derivatives and all is legal.

Sounds like Burnley was a “leveraged buyout”, very similar to how the Glazers bought Man United.

1 Like

and how H&G bought Liverpool.

1 Like

Fixed that for you.

2 Likes

Unfortunately for Burnley, they dont have the financial earning power that Utd do, and are at risk of seeing it weaken further if they go down. So things could get worse fairly quickly.

3 Likes

Yeah, if Burnley get relegated, I can see a hard Portsmouth-style crash for them. Maybe not Administration, but they’ll quickly fall down the leagues, I reckon.

2 Likes

In my early days of the PL, fans likened Wimbledon as the turd that wouldn’t flush, looks like Burnley might flush this year.

1 Like

Watford goalkeeper Ben Foster:

"I remember playing at Anfield when that comes on [You’ll Never Walk Alone], you’re walking out and it’s on just before the game is about to start. I am in my goal, the whole stadium is singing, and I find myself singing it. It is so iconic and it’s like, ‘wow, this means something’.

Specific spot on his podcast @5m42s. They talked about various football grounds and atmosphere in this episode. Fun to listen to.

2 Likes

Been posting about this very thing. In fact I used those same words, all the risk for Burnley football club and zero risk for Alan Pace. It was a terrible deal for the club and will be a disaster if they’re relegated. I know this opinion goes against the grain of most of our supporters but I don’t want to see them relegated.

1 Like

I don’t like them and wanted them flushed at the earliest opportunity but if that happens now they will likely sink into oblivion not because of the football but because of what’s happened off the field and that would be really sad.

5 Likes

The only reason I think people want Burnley relegated, is Sean Dyche and his shithouse, thug tactics. As a club, I’ve always liked Burnley and that part of Lancashire needs to have a Premier League side, just for the money it generates.

7 Likes

Soton unchanged from midweek, if they can replicate that performance they’ll beat Utd comfortably.

2 Likes

Broja skinning Varane :star_struck:

Fantastic defending Perraud after Ronaldo rounds the keeper.

This game is wide open.

Great game this.

Sancho fluffed up a 3v1 counter.

Ronaldo needs to score that, where are those muscles in his weaker foot?

:yum:

Sancho trolling Ronaldo twice already.

If BIG Ralphie spanks Little Ralphie today he might just put himself on the Old Toilet shopping list to takeover at seasons end