Premier League 2021/22 (Part 1)

Sounds like a line from a Monty Python sketch.

7 Likes

Everybody sucks here.

Saka is right that he shouldn’t be repeatedly fouled. If the ref is giving repeated fouls then at some point he should be giving a yellow, and if it continues, a second yellow. But he’s wrong to say he should be given more protection. He should be given the exact same amount of protection as every other player. Salah included.

Gerrard is right with his sentence that tackling is part of the game. But that’s about it. The issue is that Saka isn’t talking about tackling, he’s talking about being repeatedly fouled. Which should not be part of the game. The rest of it is stupid. I always thought his injury issues came from being overplayed while he was still physically growing. I imagine things have come on leaps and bounds in the last 20 years in regards to that sort of thing. Even if he believes it’s the result of being repeatedly fouled, that’s all the more reason why he shouldn’t be dismissing Saka out of hand.

Murphy just sucks (as a pundit, not vs United) I imagine this won’t be the last time he ends up siding with Stevie on things.

What do you nean re his agent? Cheap shot at a Liverpool player?

Re Saka, he will be fine. England International will get loads of protection from the refs. He receives no more kicks than anyone else. Fucking crybaby

No I’m having a cheap shot at his agent.

This has bugger all do with Salah, if Salah wishes to come out then he should say something, I don’t think he has said a word since the Madrid game about it.

Seriously the stats are there, Saka was fouled several times, Gerrard saying I’ve got pins in my hips is hardly an advert for good governance of a game.

5 Likes

Ok
But surely there is still room for physicality in football?

1 Like

Saka getting it in before he moves here and gets even less!

It’s just a nonsense series of people contradicting themselves, illustrating perfectly the banality of football interviews and football punditry.

“I wasnt complaining, but then I complained to the ref”

“There is nothing wrong with making the ref aware that people are kicking you, but he should not have said anything to the ref.”

3 Likes

This international break is too long already.

7 Likes

And it is only day 1!

The gods have conspired to produce a week with no Snooker, lack of cricket and so on, not to mention it’s Monday anyhow.

1 Like

The only good thing from to come out of this international break…
Is it will allow our fingernails to grow back to normal length in readiness for April :0)

Don’t give a shit about any international results. Just that none of our boys come back injured

4 Likes

Saturday after the international break

12:30h Liverpool - Watford
15:00h Burnley - Man City

Overtaken by Liverpool in the table, Atletico on their minds.

Pressure mounting.

Could they drop points here already?

Burnley are fighting against the drop and no doubt they have the bus parking qualities.

Unfortunately they don’t have the qualities on the counter like Southampton and Palace.

1 Like

They might not have those qualities, but they excel in shithousing, and they have that massive twat Weghorst up front to cause problems from set pieces. If Man City aren’t ruthless, they’ll drop points here. Will be a massive test, especially after we win against Watford to go top for the first time in months.

1 Like

Burnley have had five chances to overtake Everton and lost every single one, the only hope I would have in this is if Burnley are refreshed after the break, I’m not sure but I doubt many of their team are on the break.

Let’s get our one win and then see what happens.

3 Likes

No doubt about their qualities at set pieces but the problem is they are not able to win enough corners and free kicks in dangerous areas.

Bus parking alone does not really help against City.

Southampton (in the League) and Palace had to take risks against City. No kick and rush but more playing from the back even if it means losing the ball many times in your own half.

2 Likes

A snow drift might help however that would probably be an issue for us as well.

1 Like

We always think this with Burnley, like their old fashioned aggression will knock city off their stride, but invariably city are 2-0 after 15 minutes and get to sleep walk through the rest of the game.

6 Likes

The aggregate score over the last 9 Premier League games between the two sides:

City 32-1 Burnley.

1 Like

I remember them holding out for 65 mins in that season where we went head to head.

They were very open against Man Utd to be honest and Man Utd should have been 4-0 that first half but they are shit.