Premier League 2021/22 (Part 1)

Not in a top flight.

In league 1 or 2 you can get that when games get postponed if snow, or pitches get waterlogged.

Good so many clubs played on…

:rofl:

1 Like

Exactly what I was thinking, it looks like a lower tier table.

1 Like

There is some suggestion it is over concerns about maintaining the quality of product, in that no one should have to pay 80 quid to go watch a side that would be weak even for a league cup game. Yet the complaints by the managers every year about the schedule through late Dec into Jan fucking the players and producing poor quality games is ignored.

The whole thing is just a complete mess. And the elephant in the room with regards to finding time to reschedule these games is the adjustment to this season and next season already baked in to accommodate the world cup this time next year. As I mentioned the other day, it has surprised me to find out that unvaccinated players have more strict isolation requirements, yet no consideration is given for the effect of this on being able to fulfil a fixture. I think the league have fucked themselves over this and over combining covid absences with bog standard non-covid reasons for players not being available.

4 Likes

@Zoran is there a January Transfer Thread?

Could be just my perception but there hasn’t been much buzz or chatter for this window, in all of world football. For any club. Of course the January window isn’t as big but there is usually much more rumors and innuendo and such leading up.

Again, could just be my own perception.

2 Likes

Thanks @redfanman. Crazy I completely missed all that Raphina news. What an odd signing for Bayern.

1 Like

Have to agree here.

20 games already postponed.

Think the PL can be lucky that there is no tournament in the summer.

And yet they are fine with teams killing 30mins of time a game.

4 Likes

Extremely simple solution which I have been advocating for many years. Like Rugby, Hockey and every other field sport, stop the clock for injuries and substitutions. Make the time keeping transparent…I really can’t understand why it is being resisted. I am convinced that one day it will happen. It will kill all the shenanigans stone dead.

It drives me crazy when they make a substitution with 30 seconds of added time left.

5 Likes

The two goalkeepers with the most clean sheets against each other at the Emirates.

Penalty not given by Var for the arse.

Definitely gets the ball first. Lucky though

1 Like

Mad, dangerous goalkeeping. Very Ederson.

1 Like

Predictably. The brown envelopes must have increased in size this year. He clearly took the foot of the player to get to the ball. He’s a fucking lucky cunt, Ederson. Fuck knows how he gets away with his assaults on players and clear pens.

1 Like

City look very flat again today.

1 Like

1-0 Arse

Deserved 1-0

They’re much the better side up till now. Hope they can stay the course.

Sakas Covid test will be positive in a few days after that celebration.