Premier League 2022/23 (Part 1)

Two high profile CBs on display here and 2 goals coming in 2 minutes from fuck ups from each of them.

Rodgers will probably like that drop from Ward though. This gives him an excuse for losing rather than having to own up to his side being outplayed.

Interesting no call on Jesus there. Definite contact, but exactly the sort of one we were discussing last week where it absolutely did not have any real consequence so justifiably overlooked.

1 Like

Unless we’re one of their first three games.

Anyway, their deserved two-goal lead has been restored. They should finish with a four goal win over this pretty poor looking Leicester team. Rodgers out before Christmas?

Southampton losing 0-2 .

Chelsea looking at this and adding another £5m to Fofana for every goal conceded.

It’s one of those if the ref gives it, VAR cannot overturn as there was contact.

Unfortunately (typically?) for us last week, the reg gave the pen for knees touching, so VAR will not get involved as there was contact.

“Stand up for the Arsenal” being sung with little enthusiasm. Not surprising when it costs so much to plant your arse on a seat. “Stand up? Why should I? I’ve paid an exorbitant amount for this seat and there’s no bloody way I’m standing up!”

1 Like

And they gave a pen for Dolph having his boot touched…praps it was the old adage.of " the bigger they are…the easier they fall"…( thats my version))

Jesus walking through their defense again.

City 3-0 up and coasting. They have 4 kids on the bench and are unable to rely on senior players for all of their 5 subs. That suggests they have to rely on some of these kids at some point so you’d think today is the perfect opportunity to get them some game time. So far Pep has made 3 subs, all senior guys.

I think the rationale is that in the beginning of the season you want to glue your first team and give the most of your first team game time.

Leicester 3-2 game on

1 Like

Usually it’s win the first 2-3 and then lose to us and then they spiral

1 Like

4-2 game over.

He’s a really under appreciated player, which is bonkers for a player with 4 league titles and 50+ Brazil caps. I think some of his problems has come from the weight of expectation…maybe questions about his mental robustness and ability to keep going when things havent gone well for him. Now he is the main guy in the side, it will be interesting to see how he copes with that inevitable period where he struggles for goals.

2 Likes

Still 3-1 on my stream. :rofl:

Martinelli

Haaland only touched the ball 8 times so far.

1 Like

My FPL looking good.

6 goals Ars vs Lei, tighter than normal.

Brilliant goal by Martinelli. Apparently Klopp is an admirer. A Bobby replacement next summer?