Premier League 2022/23 (Part 1)

or Union Berlin vs Leipzig?

I decided to watch Yprs Rally of Belgium WRC instead.

1 Like

Leipzig are crap

Thatā€™s 2-0 now I might tour the leagues.

Donā€™t let Mascot and Klopptimist hear you say that!

Iā€™ll get me coatā€¦

2 Likes

Saliba. Wow

0-3

Theyā€™ve got a player there in Saliba. This Arsenal team looks good. It will be interesting to see their level when they play someone good.

2 Likes

We will see what happens when arsenal play one of the big boys, they look good so far but they used to false dawns.

Need to put Jesus in my fantasy next week

1 Like

Bournemouth is so pitiful. :man_facepalming:

1 Like

Itā€™s often underappreciated how good the squad players are at the top level.

Jesus has been an excellent player for years but Iā€™ve seen him written off every season on here and elsewhere. I said a couple of years ago on TIA he is significantly better than Werner and recieved a bit of a mocking/backlash. Zinchenko is another who was apparently a headscratcher signing but heā€™s much better than quite a few players in that Arsenal squad.

5 Likes

Will not happen before October the first when they play Spurs until than it is a smooth ride with more home matches then away

1 Like

I was one of the people who was skeptical, but that was more over the narrative - he didnt want to play LB anymore and was leaving City for an opportunity to revert to his preferred CM role, which Arteta was going to give him. I didnt see that he fit a need for Arsenal there so didnt understand the move with as much as Arteta still needed to do with his squad. But if heā€™s content to play LB and that is where theyā€™re going to play him then he will do well for them.

2 Likes

Isnā€™t he only covering left-back until Tierney is fit? Although heā€™ll surely spend a hell of a lot of time doing exactly that.

Arsenal playing 3 at the back nowadays no?

They got some good options in defence now with White Gabriel Saliba Tomashiyu

I think Leicester is in trouble, not buying any players and news of more players might be sold. This is either a serious doubt from the management of Rodgers ability to identify good players and refuse to spend anymore money and he either make do or get out or unless they are in such serious financial trouble which does not seem so.

Leicester need to sack Rodgers, overrated manager. His teams have never been able to defend.

They still have a number of top class/international level players.

Can we buy Eze? Looks quality in midfield

The disallowed Palace goalā€¦I thought they said VAR is not going to make borderline decisions by moreā€¦goal should have stood (unless itā€™s against us of course heh heh).

And Iā€™m not sure what Digne can do with his arm when jumping up.

During their Championship campaign Forest had five players on loan who were regulars. During their PL campaign, five of their new signings are almost ever-present while another three played considerable mins.

I think they opted for a safe and low-cost approach for promotion and now investing (gambling!) heavily to stay in PL. Iā€™m actually surprised that so many new players have adapted so easily.

1 Like

Nah heā€™s a good manager. Wasnā€™t good enough for us, though came close! Heā€™s clearly a bit of a twat but wouldnā€™t describe him as overrated