Premier League 2023/24 (Part 2)

They’re not even the best team in the country. If our games were reffed the same way as theirs, we’d have pretty much won the league by now.

3 Likes

Why doesn’t Ian Wright slap the teeth off of Shaun Wright Phillips ?

Eight shot attempts, two on target.

Mo himself had more.

17:12

Get Involved

#bbcfootball, via WhatsApp on 03301231826 or text 81111 (UK only, standard message rates apply)

SMS Message: Do any of these two want to win the league? from Jim, Dortmund

1 Like

Impressive that Theo Walcott’s half time analysis was somehow even duller than the 45 minutes that preceded it.

1 Like

Im not enjoying the match. But enjoying the results so far… A draw is welcomed

I liked the part they almost talked about Game of Thrones but Roy Keane shamed them into moving on by glaring.

Pep shown thinking deeply about how to slow the game further

come on, go for it you cowards

Posted at 17:3117:31

Post update

FT: Liverpool 2-1 Brighton

Liverpool

More from Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp: "It’s all about reacting - if we learn something this year, it’s definitely that we can do these things. I don’t take it for granted. I would prefer to be 3-0 up early in the game and then 7-0 up after 85 minutes, then I would calm down - unfortunately that doesn’t happen so you have trust in the game and you try to do the right things in the right moments.

"There were so many top performances today - yes, the finishing boots were not exactly fitting but it’s not a problem, we scored two and conceded one, and won the game so all good. I can promise you neither Pep or Mikel are in the dressing room at the moment thinking ‘oh my God, Liverpool won’ - they focus on what they are doing, we focus on what we are doing.

“We follow, we watch what the others are doing but we have no influence. We have to win football games - I would love to say it is great to put pressure on them but they don’t feel it - if they win a game and then we are playing, it’s not as if we are shaking before the game, we just have to do a job and we will see. We wanted three points, we got them, perfect.”

5 Likes

Pep probably thinking more about how to increase the payout for Refs in Liverpool games.

Liverpool would have had this league won had it not been for the crooks.

2 Likes

No! More ennui

The commentators making out that Kovacic’s effort was close. It was always going out.

2 Likes

Joe has been closer

1 Like

Remember when all of you complained about Hendo passing back too often.

1 Like

But what if the goal was a foot to the right, or a strong gust of wind caught the ball, or Seamus Coleman was defending?

1 Like

saka has recovered

Ive started reading and I forgot a match was going on for a minute

1 Like

Both teams don’t deserve to win the league. Based on the limp approach so far atleast in this match.

Commentators: both teams are desperate to win the game