The British Royal Family

In tribute to an amazing lady who saw wars, 15 prime-ministers and 70 years on the throne surpassing her great (great) great grandmother Victoria. Never, ever will we see her like again. A servant to the country who always put duty first. There are far more detailed and eloquent eulogies about her online now however this is from the heart. May she rest in peace and may Charles as the new king show every ounce of her grace, subtlety and elegant restraint allied to serious political knowledge and nouse. This thread is absolutely in praise of our beloved queen, gone but never forgotten.

12 Likes

Rest in peace Your Majesty

9 Likes

I enjoy these kind of insights. Shows just how normal she was.

https://youtu.be/SP4Tkcgi1WE

Right to the end, she always had the most dazzling smile.

13 Likes
9 Likes

RIP.

amazing lady.

3 Likes
11 Likes

Whatever one’s stance on the monarchy, she was class. Very difficult to live in the public eye and tougher if your entire family comes under the same scrutiny.

12 Likes

That’s bloody gloriois :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Sadder than I thought I’d be. I’m a commited English republican but still…I do admit to feeling a genuine sense of loss. My mum had a lot of time for the Queen. Perhaps that’s the reason. My thoughts are with her family

8 Likes

Floods here mate, we win as a team, we lose as a team.

5 Likes

RIP my Queen, you served our country with loyalty, dignity and with pride you deserve your rest but will be missed :disappointed_relieved::broken_heart:

8 Likes

9 Likes
10 Likes

Devastated. Feeling very discombobulated.

RIP your Majesty. :anguished:

8 Likes
8 Likes

Just a thought MODS but would a black band in the title thread be a bit more fitting… as an instant reminder sort of thing…

1 Like

I remembered that the Queen was involved in the Scouts, as was I in my youth. Didn’t realize that her involvement carried on til her late years

5 Likes
5 Likes

_ (1)

6 Likes