Racism and all the bad -isms

Some stuff yeah, but curry muncher?

I’ve never understood the ‘Top Gear Defence’.

It was just a joke? So what? Are you allowed to say anything as long as you claim it was just a joke?

It’s quite obvious that Yems was attempting some sort of humour. The problem is that those jokes are not acceptable, and it shouldn’t take an intervention to understand that. Thejokes you find funny/acceptable are a window into your deeper beliefs.

Making jokes about Asian people being curry munching suicide bombers, and black people being blowpipe wielding Zulus, that suggests Yems has some problematic opinions on Asian and Black people.

Personally he should have got longer than three years.

7 Likes

Plainly.

1 Like

What do you mean?

Even worse when it comes from a coach/manager imo, supposedly an authority figure and leader of a team. Personally hope that twat never gets hired again.

5 Likes

I mean some of the stuff he said was really poor obviously, but curry muncher is neither here nor there.

I put curry muncher up there with calling someone a carrot cruncher.

It really is.

I’ve never understand how some people think that saying ‘it’s just a joke’ excuses racist comments.

1 Like

You’re white. How would you know what people of colour find offensive?

1 Like

It really isn’t.

I’ve been called sweaty sock (Jock), and haggis basher in my day.
Very hurtful.

2 Likes

Some of the discrimination I face right here in Milan. 2 nights ago was attending an event in a museum. Me and a white guy walk in towards the entrance, white guy walks through nicely, I was stopped and asked whether I had an invitation. Hope it was just ‘random’

I’m sure it was just some jobsworth and you weren’t targeted @gasband -
Try not to let it bother ya anyway
Although, with everyone else dressing for the black-tie event that it was… It might have been because you had a picture of a Blackpool Seagull on the front of your t-shirt is all :+1:

I thought he had seen your artwork and stopped you for a selfie.

1 Like

Yea it didn’t help while checking my invitation on the phone, he made some remarks in Italian to his partner while looking at me and both of them started sniggering.

I am not really bothered since I only travel to Europe once in a while but can understand how some of my friends who live and work here long term can be bothered.

Are Blackpool seagulls offensive to them? If you notice, my seagulls are from the friendlier tribe of the Blackpool Seagull family line.

1 Like

Will not be surprised as I am sure some of you had tried to sell my artwork on the streets of Europe passing yourself as the original maestro.

1 Like

Good to see that 20 quid I paid to the security paid off! :wink:

2 Likes

What have I done to you? Because I talked bad about the spiders in Australia?

1 Like

Those people sound like a couple of pricks @gasband -
Send an e-mail of complaint to the museum and an e-mail to the local paper - do your duty :0)

I’m surprised you haven’t heard of a Blackpool Seagull before now…
They are easily recognised though, they are the Seagulls that hold a kebab under one of their wings, and don’t eat fish unless it has got batter on it :0)

You should see me with a spray can and a paper plate on the streets on Liverpool on a Saturday night :joy: