Racism and all the bad -isms

Thank Christ there wasn’t any electronics to speak of when I was 14, other than a Sony Walkman and a VCR/TV combo.

2 Likes

LOL.

i have no fear of anycomebacks…

we were operating on an astral plain so high (not so much you… , to the average idiotic punter it appeared nonsensical, boring and unintelligent…they just wouldnt be able to FIND the insults, let alone be offended by them…

1 Like

What’s the issue with the Galatasaray or their scarf?

I’m deliberately posting here because everything has it’s place and matchday threads shouldn’t be tainted.

Some Leeds fans were attacked by Galatasary fans. Think if fans were waving Roma flags at us and mimicking being hit on the head with a hammer. It’s just not nice.

That said, for all the fuss about this, I’ve only seen a video of two dickheads miming being stabbed. The scarf thing is clearly bollocks. Being upset about waving red and yellow scarfs is fucking churlish in the extreme when they are our colours and available to buy in the club shop.

By contrast there must have been thousands of Leeds fans singing charming ditties like ‘always the victims’ as an 18 year old was being stretchered off with his ankle flapping about.

2 Likes

Ye the above.

Some Leeds fans got stabbed in Galatasary away Champions League.

I’m not sure if they died?! Don’t remember but still - why the fuck would you mention that (or Hillsborough, Munich etc) at a football match.

2 Likes

Two Leeds fans were stabbed to death by Galatasary fans.

Back when Leeds where actually a decent team, they played Galatasary in a UEFA Cup semi final and after Leeds fans alledgedly pissed on a Turkish flag they wer attacked by Galatasaray fans which lead to 2 Leeds fans being stabbed and later died from those wounds.

Right, what is the most typical criticism of these cases - that cops don’t turf out bad cops. If they’re not responding to the incentive to do the right thing, then maybe an incentive of their department’s retirement pot being diminished by these cases would make them hold their brethren accountable.

tad unfair, its not up to the police to police the pol…oh…

1 Like

Took them long enough. Bloody hell!
This article may also have a place in Religion and all its form topic.

This made me laugh from Chiellini’s comments;

“also because Italy is not a racist country for me”

Yes mate, not for you, but for anyone not Italian, it can be pretty racist. Remember the monkey imagines used in late 2019…that just demonstrated how out of touch Serie A etc are.

I love Italy, been there a good few times and never suffered any racist abuse in my direction (that I’ve noted), however when it comes to football, its all very different there.

3 Likes

in my circle, being australian/italian, italians are insular, not so much racist.

though i concede, absolutely, that that is an extremely hard distinction to make.

dunno how i prove it, but once you are in with an italian, you are in…race means nothing, its about word…i think its why italians and Jewish businessmen get along so well…which sounds a bit on the nose itself, but i hope you get my meaning…

i dont expect alot of argueement with this. some really hard core shite out there when it comes to italians and race.

2 Likes
1 Like

Was chatting to a bloke on our road yesterday when walking the dog, he lives a few doors down. 63 year old self employed roofer. He was moaning about the 18,000 immigrants coming in on dinghy’s, proclaiming there’s no space for them etc. I corrected him and said “well you mean refugees” - his response was, I don’t care, I don’t want more people here when we can’t put them anywhere and they drain our resource, I only care about our people and our island. They can stay where they are, or seek Asylum in France - send the boats back. I started to make the arguement that no one views them as humans, they’re running from wars, and that if we were in their shoes we’d do the same, but it was clearly a waste of my breath.

I had to bite my tongue a touch. He then went for the “I’m not a racist, I have an Iranian friend”.

It then got a bit worst when he said “And these black people going on about Black Lives Matter can fuck off - they cant re-write history, all the good that Coliston did for this country ruined by that lot” and that Slavery was just one of those things - that Brits were slaves to the romans and you don’t see them moaning about that.

At this point I made my excuses and got on with my evening rather than try to explain it to him - I had to put it down to one of the generational daily mail readers that engage in headlines without doing their own reading of the situation.

Just thought I’d share - was enlightening.

6 Likes

Not saying you did anything wrong in shutting it down and walking away - we each deal with situations as we need to - but I think we’re past the point of politely backing away from racism. I think we have to start challenging it and calling it out when it is presented.

2 Likes

Worrying thing is, he isn’t alone and many of them are in prominent positions. There’s also a line being pushed by certain media outlets on this line.

Farage is one horrible human being that fuels this exact ideology. On one hand stating that we dont want Romanian immigrants in the UK, applauding Radacanu for her Us open win with the other.

This gent you’ve met has swallowed that hook line and sinker. Sadly there’s actually no debating with them either.

2 Likes

My father in law is the same. God knows what he’s reading and what rabbitholes he’s been pulled down. He tries it on with my partner but he’s never done any of his racist rants with me.

1 Like

AfD and the likes are fuming over this one:

5 Likes

Would I be right in assuming that subconsciously he doesn’t want to “take you on”? Which is credit to you.

I tend to find that when challenged they just start ranting and not really listening

1 Like