Rafael "Rafa" Benítez Maudes

I can only wish Rafa all the best, but taking the Everton job will taint his legacy at Liverpool. And before anyone bites my head off for saying so, I’ll just say this. If you don’t live on Merseyside, you can’t possibly appreciate what it’s like to live amongst the horrible bastards that are Everton fans. So no, I don’t want him to take the job.

2 Likes

He couldn’t go to Tranmere, could he? :frowning:

It’s definitely nearer to where he lives. He could cycle to work.

2 Likes

Or roll, if it’s downhill.

4 Likes

Bottom line though… He miles better than Ancelotti…!

1 Like

Hope he fails miserably.

8 Likes

Is he? Seriously? I love the guy but Ancelotti is a good manager.

2 Likes

Rafa has never had a board of directors that have put their money where his vision is…
If Moshri opens his wallet… Rafa will have them in the top 4 within two seasons me thinks!!!
Ancelotti is a bit like Maureen… his best days are well behind him

Pretending like you don’t know…

Clever GIF by memecandy

6 Likes

Why did Mou take the Spurs job?
Why did Carlo take the Everton job?
It was for the money.

Think Rafa has other motivations here. Being closer to the family and he loves the city + it’s a ‘better’ project than the Newcastle job.

Wouldn’t surprise me if he stays there for at least 3 seasons tbh.

2 Likes

I think they were all desperate, not just for money.

4 Likes

Who are they replacing in the top 4? I’m sorry can’t see it unless we have another couple of seasons like last year.

2 Likes

Spurs.

Oh wait…

1 Like

Maybe the Red Shite at Old Toilet…
Point being…
He will have them playing better than they have since Kendall was there!

Rafa won’t they them to the CL but I think reaching the EL in two out of 3 years is more than likely.

2 Likes

Rafa has been through his conservative years of football in clubs that never really backed him to the hilt… He is older now, he is wiser now and he has enough money in the bank to play the kind of football that will enhance his reputation and remind people just how good at this management game he is… Best decision the Blueshite have made in decades…!

2 Likes

Rafa is a good manager. I could see them finishing 7th with him at the helm.

8 Likes

Time will tell but I think you’re over optimistic frankly, Man United won’t sit around with Ole if they are out for one season.

I can see him improving them but he has to get rid of the attitude that is firmly engrossed from top to bottom in that club.

A return to Europe perhaps but he will need a better season than he had with us first out (minus the EC) otherwise that lot will think he is an agent.

1 Like

People need to remember the reason he was first appointed at LFC…
Cast their mind back to the way his Valencia side passed us to death and humiliated us on the night.
Rafa will revolutionise the Blueshite… He will do what Jurgen has done for us :flushed:

Rafa didn’t put that squad together, in fact he walked out because he believed he could do a better job of putting that side together. Everton employ a director of football type I see fireworks coming.

Rafa is never happy. He inherited the most expensive side in Italian football at Inter and demanded they buy him more players (not sell some and buy others) because he didn’t believe he had a big enough squad to deal with injuries.

Rafa needs Real Madrid style open cheque book recruitment to buy the players he wants but with full 100% control over who is bought and sold. That’s why he’s not at a top club. Tactically he’s good enough for the top jobs in the sport. He has some man management issues (see the Alonso missing a game for birth of his child situation) and he’s not afraid to whip up the fan base against owners (thank fuck with us and the two yanks) but otherwise he is one of the very best managers in the world. None of the top clubs will risk hiring him though hence Newcastle and now probably Everton. Sad fall from grace.

1 Like