Religion in all its Forms

She’s Cute on Jon?

1 Like
1 Like

Sadly there’s no current way to prove String theory by experimentation. I’ve looked at various things on it and still struggle to get beyond the very basics of it. 11 dimensions etc. gives me a real headache.

I do however like the simplicity of Quantized gravity or Quantum Loop Theory as an alternative. While that can be proven by experimentation the results are not looking great for it at the moment.

Any organization that believes in itself as good is susceptible to this kind of massive cover up… we have seen a weird parallel in America in college sports - Penn State being the big one, but major universities across the country covering up abuse, crime, cheating, sexual assault because their program is a “family that turns young men into better men” or some crap.

It was interesting that Kaku concluded by saying physics is simpler the deeper we go. This sort of flies in the face of the common view that only a few people in the world can understand.

The opening questions in the video clip were the ones I’m most interested in, and he acknowledged we currently have no answers.

Could you explain that comment please.

There are many rumors about Jon Travolta not being straight (which really shouldn’t matter) often including him being blackmailed to remain a scientologist. I was just joking that @quicksand might have a better chance with him than the misses.

1 Like

So you meant John (Travolta), not (Big)Jon?

@Hoosierred - It does not read like that - I would appreciate it if you removed that comment. I am sure you understand.

I thought this thread had the potential to get weird, but not this weird.
Possibly gay John Travolta flirting joke scandal?
Let’s get back to reincarnation and tree spirits :slightly_smiling_face:

Since criticising religion is now considered racist, there’s more than a few apologies needed in this thread!

1 Like

How can criticising something that’s not based on race, be racist? OK if you’re born in certain countries you’re more likely to religious but still.

2 Likes

(I was being sarcastic)

See Newcastle takeover thread for further details.

1 Like

Generalising every Saudi is racist. Criticising a certain radical subsection of Islam isn’t.

Is Saudi a race?

Race is defined as “a category of humankind that shares certain distinctive physical traits.” The term ethnicities is more broadly defined as “large groups of people classed according to common racial, national, tribal, religious, linguistic, or cultural origin or background.”

Quick google.

Racism is generally taken to include discrimination based on ethnicity and nationality.

except against australians and americans…

nah we dont even have that…being that we stole the joint in the first place.

basically we are a nation full of fat lazy drunks who somehow stumbled upon a pot of gold…none of us sacraficed or worked hard for it…just southern cross tattooed eejits…

1 Like

A kiwi friend of mine once came out with the immortal line - ‘all Australians are racist’

I don’t think she ever realised the contradiction.

:thinking:

3 Likes