Religion in all its Forms

Well thatā€™s a fucking great surprise.

1 Like

In other news, Bears shit in the woods

not the main point, but how to you get a variant of 300(10%) plus on such an important number?

what do they do? investigate one parish and extrapolate the numbers from that? i meanā€¦thats doing the issue a disservice.

your either slander (or is it libel, i never know) up to 300 people, or admit you are guessing, or giving the ā€˜benefit of the doubtā€™ for approximately 300 pedofilesā€¦

i cant be arsed clicking the link, but the headline states ā€˜evidenceā€™ then gives a +/- figure of 300ā€¦

Libel is in print. Slander is spoken.

The estimate is first and foremost ā€˜minimalā€™. With a variance of 300 clerics since the 1950ā€™s.

300 abusers might have 3000 or probably more victims, who may well be alive and still suffering the torment and pain visited upon them by people they trusted. The report is a paper exercise in admission that borders on contempt.

I suppose youā€™d have to read the 2500 page report to know.

can someone like you with your superior knowledge across most subjects read it and give us a summary?

1 Like

No! :innocent:

I find it really difficult to watch Tom Cruise films.

At some point during the chases and the explosions I always have the same thought -

ā€œYou believe some weird shit, you crazy mofoā€

Ruins every one of his movies for me.

I do not get the same thoughts when watching Travolta movies - I think probably because Mrs Big Jon will not stand even the slightest criticism of him. My best guess is she spent far too many nights watching Grease and wishing she was Olivia Newton John.

Anyway,

Carry on.

1 Like

Donā€™t worry. You are the one that she wants.

2 Likes

Sheā€™s Cute on Jon?

1 Like
1 Like

Sadly thereā€™s no current way to prove String theory by experimentation. Iā€™ve looked at various things on it and still struggle to get beyond the very basics of it. 11 dimensions etc. gives me a real headache.

I do however like the simplicity of Quantized gravity or Quantum Loop Theory as an alternative. While that can be proven by experimentation the results are not looking great for it at the moment.

Any organization that believes in itself as good is susceptible to this kind of massive cover upā€¦ we have seen a weird parallel in America in college sports - Penn State being the big one, but major universities across the country covering up abuse, crime, cheating, sexual assault because their program is a ā€œfamily that turns young men into better menā€ or some crap.

It was interesting that Kaku concluded by saying physics is simpler the deeper we go. This sort of flies in the face of the common view that only a few people in the world can understand.

The opening questions in the video clip were the ones Iā€™m most interested in, and he acknowledged we currently have no answers.

Could you explain that comment please.

There are many rumors about Jon Travolta not being straight (which really shouldnā€™t matter) often including him being blackmailed to remain a scientologist. I was just joking that @quicksand might have a better chance with him than the misses.

1 Like