Religion in all its Forms

So you meant John (Travolta), not (Big)Jon?

@Hoosierred - It does not read like that - I would appreciate it if you removed that comment. I am sure you understand.

I thought this thread had the potential to get weird, but not this weird.
Possibly gay John Travolta flirting joke scandal?
Let’s get back to reincarnation and tree spirits :slightly_smiling_face:

Since criticising religion is now considered racist, there’s more than a few apologies needed in this thread!

1 Like

How can criticising something that’s not based on race, be racist? OK if you’re born in certain countries you’re more likely to religious but still.

2 Likes

(I was being sarcastic)

See Newcastle takeover thread for further details.

1 Like

Generalising every Saudi is racist. Criticising a certain radical subsection of Islam isn’t.

Is Saudi a race?

Race is defined as “a category of humankind that shares certain distinctive physical traits.” The term ethnicities is more broadly defined as “large groups of people classed according to common racial, national, tribal, religious, linguistic, or cultural origin or background.”

Quick google.

Racism is generally taken to include discrimination based on ethnicity and nationality.

except against australians and americans…

nah we dont even have that…being that we stole the joint in the first place.

basically we are a nation full of fat lazy drunks who somehow stumbled upon a pot of gold…none of us sacraficed or worked hard for it…just southern cross tattooed eejits…

1 Like

A kiwi friend of mine once came out with the immortal line - ‘all Australians are racist’

I don’t think she ever realised the contradiction.

:thinking:

3 Likes

cheers for the pep up mate.

for the record though, sometimes, every so often, mainly on a tuesday morning, im not even THAT drunk

2 Likes

Brothers to different mothers :slight_smile:

Done

Happy Birthday to one of the great teachers of our time

1 Like

Bit early mate, mine’s in January.

1 Like

He did say “one of”…

4 Likes

Just wondered what people think about our manager and his Christian faith? Lots of info out there on this, for example see this link: (obviously we have a number of devout religious players too, Christian and Muslim, but just wanted to highlight Jurgen’s faith, and his specific focus on Jesus).

3 Likes