Roberto FIRMINO: 2020/21

2 Likes

Gini doing his usual standing on the edge of the box watching runners scoreā€¦

1 Like

Think heā€™s done his 2 tackles per season for this year.

1 Like

Goals for good finally and doing justice to such a wonderful song for him, lol. Overall was still below his usual brilliant self, but two more games and I think the Kop might raise his performance further thereafter. Atleast keep the goals coming till then, Bobby!!

3 Likes

Bobby can score the first goal on 48 min and the next one on 47! :stuck_out_tongue:

9 Likes

His overall stuff improved recently in my opinion. Donā€™t know why he was criticized for trying to pass to Jota last night, that wouldā€™ve basically been a clear shot on goal. Thatā€™s just Bobby, pre-his dip in form and lately,l nothing new there. Actually a trait he was lauded for (or still is). Good finish with his head. Though shouldā€™ve passed quicker to Jota when Diogo hit the post (Jota couldā€™ve done better as it was, but a quicker pass wouldā€™ve helped him).

2 Likes

Jota shouldnā€™t be putting it where he did to be fair, Henderson offers pretty much the entire side to him.

Itā€™s Jota at fault nothing to do with the pace or not of the pass to him.

And Iā€™m a Jota Fanboy

For me, Bobby needs to do it as soon as possible. Receive-pass, donā€™t wait, not one needless extra touch. I was screaming for it watching it. Sometimes half a second makes a difference. But yeah, Jota shouldā€™ve done better.

2 Likes

Jota literally has less than the width of the ball to squeeze that in, itā€™s possibly it goes in above Henderson and it probably would but considering where he is stood it really should be going in the opposite side.

I donā€™t think Iā€™d criticise Henderson on that as must as the other because he does cancel out the option that Jota goes for and Iā€™m always one that will caution more on the near post than the far as there is a far bigger chance of them missing especially at acute angles.

Henderson doesnā€™t do anything to make that last one for Salah hard mind, no closing down and basically staying on his near post. Iā€™ll always come out on that even if you push the player to having to go around you, you may leave your defenders an opportunity to get back.

No diga gol, diga Bobby!

1 Like

Over the moon to see him scoring against utd.

1 Like

Roberto Firmino Barbosa de Oliveira, well, thatā€™s one mouthful. :rofl:

The Office Television GIF by hero0fwar

5 Likes

So, people will shortly be allowed in football stadia again. Bobby hears this, and promptly, gets back to prepping himself up for those celebrations with the fans. :laughing:

And of course, as he picks up some form, the whole team soars two or three levels above where it was previously, and we put four past a defence which had rarely received more than one goal per game during the whole season.

Coincidence? Of course not! :+1:t2:

4 Likes
8 Likes

I thought he worked harder than normal today and for once he was more aggressive in taking shots when in the right position.

He is definitely more involved and linking up plays more effectively, maybe the captaincy and the brace he scored last game helped alot. But also reminded all of us that Firmino is not going to go away that easily. Form is temporary even for an extended period, but class is permanent.

With fans returning, Firmino will be even better in the next two games.

1 Like

Yeah, good stuff between the lines, thought he combined well with Thiago. Realized we had some problems in midfield with basically only one performer there, so had to help them even more.

Another Baby Alarm, the Firmino family announced that they will have another baby girl.

Congratulations :heart:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CPGGHHqD_8X/

4 Likes