Saudi Pro League and Sportswashing Projects

I did like how they compared it to Conference North attendances

2 Likes

A shit manager of a shit team in a shit league.

It’s a sad story all round.

2 Likes

more people show up to watch camel racing in Saudi, than football

1 Like

Do they get Rolex watches?

It’s a bit weird their crowd numbers are so shit. It’s basically the only sport that’s universally accessible there (as long as you’re male). They historically have a decent national team in relation to their regional neighbors. And their clubs do well in the Asian CL even before they started buying washed up international players.

:joy:

C’mon Bobby, score the winner!

I was worried when I saw it cancelled :joy:

a bit embarrassing for the Saudi’s this…

organise the Turkish Super Cup to be played in SA,

then postone it due to some banners celeberating the the Father of Modern Turkey

who brought in reforms the Saudi’s dont agree with!

2 Likes

I would hope this pauses football associations taking their games over there.

It won’t.

5 Likes

Fuck the fucking hydrocarbon fuckers and their fucking fouling of everything.

2 Likes

In this case I have to say that Turkish FA have ‘sold’ their Super Cup to them. So imo they have to accept their rules.

3 Likes

:man_facepalming:

Wank

2 Likes

Is that just in case sea levels rise too much?

At least sky will be screening all the football league games by then so I can best ignore it

Love the fact that players like Hendo, Bobby and Benzema are already leaving or considering it after a few months.

I’m sure it will give others second thoughts before going there in the first place.

Can imagine that living there with your family feels like being stuck in a holiday resort. Might be great for a few weeks but you don’t see much outside of it.

3 Likes

Romelu Lukaku’s thoughts on this league…

In the next two years I see this league becoming one of the best in the world, if not the best. The clubs make a lot of efforts to bring the ‘big’ players here. As a result, the teams and the footballing qualities are improving significantly.

Fishing Fail GIF by Conesulfoz

Lukaku looking for a big payday through talking total shite

When did he say that? Not now when half the league are looking to leave?