Saudi Pro League and Sportswashing Projects

Why do I think they are just doing this as a show of power, probably got unlucky when we went oh ok.

I dunno. Look at what they did with LIV golf. The first guys to sign were has-beens; then they began signing guys in their prime. Someone like Mbappe goes to the Saudi League, and it ups the game. I’m glad he did not go, but they’ll get some big star in his prime if they keep flashing that kind of cash.

Have found it somewhat odd how average they have looked since this “commercial deal”

In a nutshell…

3 Likes

Jamie Carragher: The Saudis are coming and I fear for the future of football

Story by Jamie Carragher • Yesterday 16:30
https://www.msn.com/en-ie/sports/football/jamie-carragher-the-saudis-are-coming-and-i-fear-for-the-future-of-football/ar-AA1eu9RJ?ocid=hpmsn&cvid=fbf75420ad814674b3c937802eabf576&ei=51

1 Like

Maybe Sky should start looking at its content a bit, it’s obsession with the transfer market doesn’t help this.

Anyhow I think if some of that “we need to see the best players here” was taken out of the situation I might enjoy the PL more.

I don’t need to see washed up 30 somethings after one more pay deal and even if they get the likes of Mbappe I don’t really care so much. I won’t be watching it, much like I really can’t be arsed seeing Messi in MLS.

1 Like

A good article. :+1:

this.

the EPL doesnt have to have the shiniest stars in the world for it to remain the most watched.

its lost touch with what makes it so appealling to someone like me a million miles away with no particular connection to the clubs…

i’ll give them a hint…id much rather see Luton Towns away end than the emptihads polished walkways.

yes, you do have to have a quality product on display, but the well oiled, emotionless football of the man citehs in this world are actually quite boring frm an entertainment perspective…

you cant ‘sign’ a history…it has to be in the DNA…

saw a cracking quote on insta (i know, i know) today which is quite fitting…

you can put a clown in a palace, but that doesnt make him a king, it makes the palace a circus.

8 Likes

Does Liverpool have the biggest contingent of former players in the Saudi League?

1 Like

If you throw in the managers, like Gerrard and Fowler, then yes I’d imagine so.

Probably even without them tbh.

1 Like

Aye, they’re smart people….they know Liverpool is the greatest most historic club in Europe, so what better way to “try establish that self-recognition” by associating yourself with Liverpool icons.

More relevant to Newcastle, but Im not sure they improved by showing him the exit in favour of Gordon or Barnes.

1 Like

Reports have claimed rival Premier League clubs are concerned that Saint-Maximin’s transfer fee, which has not been disclosed, could be inflated in order to help Newcastle comply with Financial Fair Play regulations.

Financial cheating. PL, UEFA, FIFA should do something about this asap.

6 Likes

Definitely won’t be watching this shit.

Hope all the foreign players going there will break their leg like Larsson/Djibril. Did not go there for sporting reasons/competition anyway.

How many teams does the league have and when does it start?

2 Likes

I don’t wish that on players but I do wish their millions doesn’t make them happy and they end up being miserable.

1 Like

:face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

Heidenheim Coach Frank Schmidt:

'In particular, the opponent’s quality wasn’t what we needed as a challenge in the training camp‘

He really said that :joy:

3 Likes

When did they sign Nat Phillips?

1 Like

A new twist in the madness.