Season Comparison - 2022/23 v 2023/24

Good catch. I’ll have to correct that or else it will annoy me.

1 Like

it’s all topsy turvy! West Ham did have 24 points at the end of round 14, but Chelsea had 33. at the end of round 14 Tottenham would have been in 4th if everyone’s games were in sequence.

Oh wait, you had Chelsea on 33. This is hard.

1 Like

Yeah they lost last game (round 15), so they on the same points as round 14.

And unfortunately it looks like TH are going to screw up with round comparison even more because of their mismanagement of COVID.

Do you know you can just get this automatically through transfermarkt? They do a game week table where they do the table as it would be if everyone played in synch?

eg

Then just select the game week table (and season) you want from the drop down options.

Exactly where I get it from. I screen grab it, so not sure why WH got messed up.

It wasn’t.

You correctly showed the table as it was at matchday 14.

West Ham only got 27 points after matchday 15.

1 Like

@Flobs messed up :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Yup. It’s always worth starting from that as the default position…

2 Likes

Ah, I see my mistake (and know why it happened). TH is actually top 4 at round 14, and this I had to edit because transfermkt didn’t update quick enough.

1 Like

TH should be above WH then, surely?
So the table is wrong!
I was wrong as well with my conclusion but I noticed the flagrant problem, TH had more points. :wink: So should be above WH. My error was understandable, yours isn’t as your saying that table is correct and it just isn’t. :rofl:

1 Like

That’s it! I’m going downstairs now to fix this before you two put each other on ignore.

EDIT: Transfer market table unfortunately doesn’t work properly when a team is a game behind so extra editing needed.

That’s not happening, I’m on form and Kopstar loves the attention. (N.B I did have some posters on ignore in the past as I wasn’t in a good place. That’s not the case at the moment so Kopstar can throw what he can find on France it won’t make a dent. :joy:)

1 Like

14 Likes

All that green…love it.

And just because this is the place for tables…

I’m gonna be pretty fucking angry if we finish one point behind them again…

2 Likes

To be fair though, even the season we won it City was leading in the prediction tables until January or something like that I think? The model has a rather strong prior to City, no matter the competition.

2 Likes

Surprised Chelsea have apparently dropped off in that table. They aren’t going to be a million miles away imo.

Can you put that on YouTube if it happens please?

They haven’t really dropped off much, 538 never rated them that highly at all.

3 Likes

Round 15. I am excluding edits for TH as they are going to continuously fuckup this comparison. I will make changes after the fact, and hopefully they will lose for a few game so that I don’t have to worry about them getting into top 5.

This Season Round 15

Last Season Round 15

Last season was a draw for us, next 15 games were a disaster.

3 Likes

This Season Round 16

Last Season Round 16

4 Likes

This Season Round 17

Last Season Round 17

7 points better off. Next 13 games are huge for this comparison.

7 Likes