Season Comparison - 2022/23 v 2023/24

Yeah indeed… interestingly, we have scored five goals more and received six less, and still find ourselves with two points less than last year. A few costly draws cost us our rightful position, considering that our attack is by far and away the best in the league right now…

2 Likes

Whaddya reckon?

Fair enough…or fuck off ya stupid nerds!!!

Included the Hammers for shits and gigs.

1 Like

I don’t think it’s very unsurprising. Their model always tends to overestimate City’s chances for some reason. It’s also a fair point that we really do need to tighten up our sloppiness. If that gets fixed things ought to be a fair bit better.

1 Like

Probably a ‘previous seasons’ weighting. Even so we see that 3 teams are very close and within margin of error any of those 3 could win the EPL with the other 2 following up.

1 Like

Yep.

Haven’t seen a single thing to suggest this season is not going to go down to the wire…and we are in this mofo up to our eyeballs!!!

1 Like

Stand up classes are paying off!!

You doing Edinburgh next year??

6 Likes

This Season

Last Season

Scored more and conceded less, other than that same as last year.

The amazing thing for me is that we are the only team that is in the top 5 after 12 games for this year as well as last year.

Last year our horrific run started at about round 15 and lasted till round 30.

7 Likes

Interestingly, City, the eventual winner wasn’t even in the mix at this stage last season. Tells you the consistency you would need from here on because teams with squads like City and Chelsea can go on an unbeaten run making it difficult to catch later if you aren’t close enough.

1 Like

10 Likes

This Season

Last Season

At this stage last year we had hit the top of the table, and interestingly enough we are still the only team in the top 5 this and last year. City had 23 and Ch had 22. MU are -8 points off last year.

Liverpool are currently destroying last years GF and GA stats.

Over the next 17 games last year, Liverpool had a record of 6W3D8L.

3 Likes

Chelsea conceding 5 is huge thing tbh, the cliched ‘defense wins titles’ right there. With our midfield returning to strength, hoping we become meaner in that aspect.

4 Likes

100%

It’s that GA that’s keeping us off the top.

1 Like

Boils down to one game out of 2.

14 Likes

The dotted lines breaking the chart up from left to right represent the end/beginning of each season, starting from 2017-18.

10 Likes

Tottenham is screwing around with my updates as they could conceivably get into 5th with the game in hand.

10 Likes

At last, round 14 now complete, and as predicted, TH would have screwed up the top 5 if I jumped the gun.

This Season

Last Season

At round 14.
Liverpool still the same amount of point from last year.
City started to creep up. They flying this year :frowning:

As mentioned before, Liverpool’s form dropped off the face of the earth last year for the next 16 games.

@Nobluff the order in your table is correct as WH have 27 points but for some reason you have only given them 24 points, which confused me and made me ‘have’ to check the real situation. No worries Btw just a bit peethed at the extra work. :innocent: