Season Comparison - 2022/23 v 2023/24

4 Likes

:frowning_face:

sniffā€¦appreciate itā€¦sniff sniff

Prolix getting the red out. Pawson should take note.

2 Likes

You are Pep Guardiola and I claim my five pounds.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s me weeping, @Prolixā€¦

Trust @cynicaloldgit to be a cynical old cunt.

1 Like

Liverpool vs the international break:
(Our result immediately before the break)

October 2020: 7-2 loss to AV
November 2020: 1-1 draw with City
March 2021: 1-0 win to Wolves
September 2021: 1-1 draw with Chelsea
October 2021: 1-1 draw with City
November 2021: 3-2 loss to WHU

Mentality monsters I heard you say? It seems since we won the title you could say we were distracted monsters. On the evidence I now know why the international beaks have been such a fucking painful time of the football year.

1 Like

Ouch, that red hurtsā€¦ :face_with_head_bandage:

Surely it seems more like weā€™ve run out of momentum by the time the international breaks roll around, and so as painful as it is, the international break is a relatively good time for us?

That argument could be made if the bad results werenā€™t in isolation. Take a look and we are winning games then suddenly drop points on the game before a breakā€¦

This is a good time for a break. Gives JK and the coaching team some thinking time because whatever we are trying to do right now isnā€™t working. Been way too open all season and teams arenā€™t scared of us any more. The last two games have proved that. When Moyes is going on the front foot against you the alarm bells should be ringing.

4 Likes

Weā€™ll be alright you fucking fannies. Weā€™re bang in a title race that still has 27 games yet to play. Weā€™re in the QF of the league cup, through to the knockout phase of the CL, and I predict weā€™ll give the FAC a decent crack this season too. Chelsea will drop points, and city already have.

Enough of this doom and gloom bollocks, or Iā€™ll have @SBYM do something terribleā€¦

8 Likes

The mood would have been more positive if we hadnā€™t dropped points in 5 out of those 11 games. All of which were there for the taking at some point.

We carry on like this and it will be over before the end of year.

Nine greens coming up.

Nothing surerā€¦

:hot_face:

1 Like

One thing that strikes me is that we only concede when we drop points, otherwise itā€™s been 2-0 (once), 3-0, or 5-0. Iā€™m wondering if thatā€™s indicative of a deeper problem, e.g. tactical, or bad day in general, or absolutely no link in that. What I do know is that usually when weā€™ve dropped points so far this season, the team doesnā€™t really seem up for it in terms of effort. Gaps in our play start to emerge, passes get sloppy, and we get punished for those.

1 Like

Lack of motivation? Weā€™ve been to the pinnacle now, are we going to have the resources to take that a step further and become one of the truly great, dominant sides that hoovers up loads of trophies? Well no. We might win a few more major trophies whilst this group is together but the main hunger and drive has been appeased.

Lack of competition for places? Itā€™s not a squad like some where thereā€™s a lot of competition for places. Even when there is, like Kelleher, Konate and Tsimikas putting in great performances, they can still be riding the bench because Alisson, Matip and Robertson are firmly entrenched in those spots even if sometimes playing a little lacklustre or out of form.

Edit: Just two possible options.

Iā€™m thinking itā€™s as simple as lack of energy. Note how that it tends to be the players who have played more who seem the most lacklustre. I mean, for Origi to seem like he was running around more than many of the others tells you everything.

Iā€™m wondering whatā€™s changed in our training/gameplay for players to get more worn out. I thought we managed to get a decent pre-season in, but the conditioning still seems a little off somehow.

At the same time, our attacking play seems to have stepped it up a notch. I remember last season the manager was saying something about us attacking the title rather than defending it, so Iā€™m wondering if there has been an actual tactical shift that has resulted in this extra energy being expended. Either way, Iā€™m not too worried as JĆ¼rgen usually figures it out eventually.

2 Likes

Just win more games ya pack of useless cunts!!!

2 Likes

This Season

Last Season

No this is not a mistake, that is Arsenal 2 points below us. Next game should be interesting.

2 Likes

Interesting that weā€™re only 2 points off where we were last season, when we led the league until just after Christmas. I suspect weā€™ll see much improvement coming up.

2 Likes

Jesus Hā€¦we had leaked 17 at this stage last year!!!

Same as Utd and theyā€™re a bunch of shit truck fuckity-fucks.

2 Likes