Season Comparison - 2022/23 v 2023/24

GIF by ABC Network

1 Like

You mean no one cares about the delay, but please tell us more about your new house? :rofl:

Well to be fair, we had a good start last season in terms of results. The problems for us began end of December, when we started to draw or lose to teams we were supposed to beat, and then the big implosion happened at the start of February, when we cumulated five defeats in a row at Anfield.

Letā€™s see how it goes this season. Chelsea have been really good so far, but Iā€™d be very surprised if they can maintain that pace over the whole season. Cheaty are still the biggest threat of course. If we want to beat them for the title, our current average of 2,2 points per game wonā€™t be enough Iā€™m afraid.

On the other hand, a repeat of last seasonā€™s implosion is highly unlikely. Unless we continue losing one or two midfielders every ʒĀ°Ā©āˆ†Ā”~@ gameā€¦ :angry:

2 Likes

13 Likes

Thanks @Prolix for doing something like this for the rest of us to enjoy!

Same goes to @Nobluff for his updates too.

6 Likes

A positive point to note. Weā€™ve only failed to equal or better a result from last season once.

2 Likes

And against a team that we literally did not play last season.

2 Likes

@Prolix How many new house chores did you manage to scratch off your wifeā€™s todo list?

coming into a run of fixtures now that it would be very hard to improve on from last season.

current trajectory is for 76 points, need to try to match that run of results or do better (12 wins in fifteen games) before we can make a bit of hay while the sun shines on the following ten

come on ladsā€¦we can do thisā€¦if anyone loves a street fight, its a Kloppo teamā€¦

2 Likes

If we can get to the next Brighton game still on more points than at that stage last season we should be able to really see some massive improvements at the end of the season. 11 points out of 30 in those equivalent fixtures. We will better that unless there has been a catastrophe.

2 Likes

Canā€™t afford to drop many points between now and the Chelsea away game. Chelsea proving that the head to heads against your title rivals arenā€™t the most important games. They lost to City and drew with us but are now clear at the top because they are beating the teams they should be beating. Both City and us are not.

3 Likes

For now. They got away lucky against Brentford, and they have yet to face a proper test otherwise.

1 Like

They have won CL twice now with such luck. I know league is a different ball game, but they have a squad that can easily survive the challenges related to injuries, etc. during a season. I thought their attack would be very strong, but they are defensively mean as well and Mendy deserves huge credit for that. My hope is Tuchel implodes somewhere in course of the season and a couple of bad performances and defeats and things go south. :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

Yes, the better you are the luckier you get. They dug out that win against Brentford in much the same way we dug out numerous wins in 19/20. They are not conceding goals and thatā€™s why theyā€™re winning. We need to get back to the same level. Tuchelā€™s teams do have a habit of blowing up eventually but right now they are looking very strong.

5 Likes

Yes, they did, but how many times do we hear that about teams who win the titles? Or, in Man Unitedā€™s case, finish in the top four after being incoherent and disjointed for majority of the season?

2 Likes

Gary Player - The more I practice the luckier I get.

Sheā€™s also currently pregnant so she has no to do list. :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Many congratulations to her and the father.

Didnā€™t take her long to meet the new milkman! But in all seriousness congrats!!!

2 Likes

congrats.

best time of your life coming up!

awesome

1 Like