Season Comparison - 2022/23 v 2023/24

Where’s the Biffa? Everton cannot finish above us- and it’s still early March!

5 Likes

I think we can talk with almost complete certainty that the points difference will be bigger than it was two seasons ago (50pts).
The chances are good that we’ll be in different divisions next season for the first time since 1961-62 on top of that.

2 Likes

Refs are out to fuck us over. The proof

4 Likes

I’ll wait for the measured and balanced opinion of @jaffod before I comment on the veracity of this article, thank you very much…

I agree with @jaffod 100% this is corroborating how we see things

1 Like

I just hope that the researcher cited @jaffod in his paper

2 Likes

(I know the upcoming schedule has changed. I will update the table as we go along.)

12 Likes

Two things jump out at me from this:

1. we have now the same number of points as we finished with last season.
  2. we only got 10 points from the remaining games on our schedule last season.

I think we’re in a great place to really start seeing improvements, though the run in is going to be a tough one for us.

Ahem….

4 Likes

9 Likes

Sea of green

5 Likes

my man lol GIF by Steve Harvey TV

2 Likes

Gone past last season’s final points total already.

4 Likes

Edit: Looks like the Villa game is scheduled to be played in between the Tottenham and Southampton games.

9 Likes

Reckon we’ll win the rest of our games from here. Remains to be seen if anyone can force City into a bore draw, but it’s been done before a few times this season.

City’s lack of actual strikers may be what gets them. This race isn’t over yet.

3 Likes

3 Likes

I think we absolutely can win all our remaining matches. I’m not (well I will be when we get closer to the games) as worried as I might be for united or everton. I think if we drop points, it’s likely to be against Spurs.

The question is if we win 6 and draw 1 of our remaining matches (and are therefore on 92 points), will that be enough? I’m not sure. City would have to either draw two or lose one, but that is eminently possible of course.

1 Like

I don’t see citeh dropping points in more than 1 game (if they drop any). Therefore we need to win all 7 and I think winning on Saturday could also help psychologically to help make them question if they are as good as us.

2 Likes

To be blunt, I think we’ll fall further behind in the league and City will win it by 5 or 6 points. I can see us winning the CL though. FA Cup is hard to call.

Perhaps City in the league, us for the CL, and Chelsea for the FA Cup.

Obviously I want the league the most but I’d still definitely take that, even though we’re still technically in the running for a quadruple.

My fear is City sweep the board in regards to the remaining trophies available. If they do, summer will be unbearable for a lot of Liverpool fans.

2 Likes