Season Comparison - 2022/23 v 2023/24

Will it still be red at 0 points? Surely not green but I thought it wouldn’t be red either.

Even if we beat Everton (IF) we’d still be behind on points (red). Unless we somehow get 4 points for the win.

Ok. I think I got it wrong then. I was thinking that winning against Everton with 5+ goals would mean no red in the next row that would be populated.

Klopp out :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

Beating Everton, two wins and then a draw miniumum at City would get us back on track and out of the Red.

In all honestly any sane fan would have expected to see more red this season as last seasons effort was monumental.

To keep on track for the title we need to stay in the low red and not let our form slip far from last season.

2 Likes

90 points was good enough to win the title 27 times out of the 28 Premier League Seasons, so -9 is the figure you want to see that stay under and I reckon you are in the conversation for the title again. Looking at the form around the League I wouldn’t say there is going to be a 90+ team to be honest would anyone else?

3 Likes

Was just saying to my Dad this morning that I reckon 80 pts gets you the league this year. Gonna be a very very strange season with a lot of very very strange results.

90pts will win you the league this year. Perhaps even 85+ will be enough.

2 Likes

Like, I liked it, but I didn’t like like liking it.

1 Like

Well what an absolute shit show that was, full range of emotions exhausted throughout the 90 minutes and over the full weekend to be fair, tough one to take.

In reflective mood now and I am quite upbeat. I’m not in the suicidal camp I see a lot of fans are, I actually think our boys might rise to this, Klopp will be using it as fuel ‘everything is against us’, ‘everyone has written you off now’ etc.

Our challenge now hinges on the Gomez and Matip staying fully fit, at least until January, but to be honest with how well stocked we are in Midfield, and providing Thiago is passed fit, I would be tempted to let Fab have a run at CB, I do think that could be his long term position, similar to how Mascherano evolved as a player.

Anyway, here is the updated table, still painting a decent picture as it stands, its massive that we post a couple of green’s up now before the City game.

6 Likes

Been a while since we had an update, will take -2 at this stage of the season.

Break has come at the right time it feels, should get a few more bodies back after the break and hopefully we can then return to twatting teams.

9 Likes

Three points down from villa, and one back from Citeh. That will do.

Also interesting that we’re only-2 goals down on last season, despite being tested 7-2 along the way.

3 Likes

I am happy with that start all things considered…and particularly the recovery from the Villa debacle plus losing key players. 4 winnable games to come and a break to get Thiago back maybe

1 Like

I still considered that Villa game an anomaly. That aside, we are better than last season despite losing VVD and so many other injuries throughout. With Chelsea, Everton, City away done and dusted and Arsenal fixture out, we are in a very strong position. 10/12 from the next 4 fixtures should be really good. Plus doing away with the CL tie in the next set of fixtures. Meticulous long term planning, execution and improvisation by Jurgen. It’ll pay off surely.

It would be nice if we could do the same job on Leicester as we did last year. They come into the game considered title challengers, and they leave it with their tails between their legs.

That game and the United one for different reasons was season defining games for us. Leicester as you mentioned were good, but we had an Atalanta level flawless performance and result, that would have sent a statement for the rest of the pack that this year we mean business.

Chelsea, Everton, City (all away) and Arsenal done.

1 Like

Ahem :clock:

5 Likes

6 Likes

Nice run of games coming up now which historically we have always done well in

6 Likes