Serie A Discussion

Their Chinese owner (Sunning!) is in serious financial crisis. They even sold/liquidated their Chinese club to channel all funds to Inter. After winning the League the owner met the players and told them have to take voluntary pay-cuts or pay suspensions.

Yeah, it’s a bit of a perfect storm. They overspent to out together this title winning side and then were faced with a shortfall in footballing revenue plus a more general sense of financial distress at the parent company. They need 100s of million of money infused into the side and havent been able to generate it in the VC market yet

Empoli and Salernitana has gained promotion to Serie A.

Venezia won the first-leg of play-off against Cittadella 0-1.

:joy:

Boy, I’m going to enjoy this Inter meltdown.

I think it’s both Inter and Milan actually!

I knew it, I knew it! :smiley:

1 Like

What’s with the reappointments today?! Quality manager, though, one of the most underrated in modern days, in my opinion at least.

1 Like

A bit disappointed if he wasn’t patient enough for Real. Would’ve liked to see him outside of Italy/Juve.

Now just watch Real appointing Conte to create chaos in that dressing room and lose the job quicker than Rafa.

:joy:

Maybe he wanted to return to Juventus. Don’t know what’s his bond with them, but Allegri was free for two seasons and there were a lots of vacancy during that time.

3 Likes
2 Likes

Sarri back in the game, I like that. Look forward to see what he can do with them.

2 Likes

Gattuso is gone from Fiorentina after just 3 weeks

Joking? Right?

He just can’t help it, can he :stuck_out_tongue: :wink:

1 Like

Roma… where do we start.

With Abraham now in, they’re up to a -£87m net spend so far this summer, sold/offloaded only a few player for some bits and bobs, virtually nothing.

First team squad list of about 42 players. A lot of “dross” left from previous regime(s).

Will be really interesting to see who can they offload (you could make more than a first XI of players up for sale) and what they enter the new season with on September 1st.

So BT did indeed go with James Richardson and well done very good show to be fair, not sure Série A will stick to this format but it worked well and the games were decent.

Atalanta has loaned out 20 players to lower league Italian clubs. Are they following Chelsea model?

Yeah, they have sent lots of senior players on loan.

They always seem to have a huge number of players out on loan on FM.

It can be fairly common doing a save with them to have 40-50 players come preseason 1 year into a save with them. It does my fucking head in as it really pisses me off doing a save and having a squad so big it requires you to scroll down. #FirstWorldProblems

They are renowned for having one of the better academies in Italy, but I always interpreted that more like Bilbao in Spain…it produces players for the first team and that they can sell for big profit rather than doing a chelsea type scattering of alumni all across the leagues.