Shamchester Cheaty* - 130 charges (and counting...) (Part 2)

Just wish we had klopp here , he would know how to boost up the players.

Hope Iraola knows the significance of this match as well to the fans too.

Yup! Sir Kenny Stand

2 Likes

Anfield will need to roar.

This match was significant anyway.

Apologies
Without wishing to be pedantic. They are 15 from 15, and we are a work in progress with a few injury concerns. So its significant.
I hope Anfield welcomes them with as much hostility as is permissable.

4 Likes

More significant now. We need to make those city players beg for mercy.

1 Like

Remember, Iraola’s team suffered defeats to money-roided City as well. As a lifelong competitive sportsman, I am sure he is disgusted by what they did.

Don’t worry about our lads. Anfield will be SO loud and hostile, it’ll be like that night vs Barca. Except probably more malice towards the cheats, and rightly so.

“You thieving bastards! You thieving bastards!”

And there’s going to be no referee who would call a contact decision in city’s favour now. They’ll be shitting their pants

I’d rather a slow build song in the tune of nothing else matters by metallida to seranade those players in

And this is exactly the match Iraola needs to build his team forward.

You’re just a shit thieving d8ckheads, you’re just a shit stealing dickheads. …

Sanctions would be put on hold. But the court process would be concluded by the end of this season.

3 Likes

The more I think about what appropriate (and realistic!) sanctions would look like the more nuanced it becomes.

During the period under consideration (2009-2018) I would strip City of titles but not reallocate.

During the period since I would hit them with 20 point deductions per season and retrospectively adjust the league tables accordingly, reawarding titles where necessary and leaving City liable for compensation claims from other teams (re lost prize money, lost opportunity etc).

I would then hit them with 40 point deductions for the next 3 seasons in which they compete in the PL, starting immediately.

I would also fine them ÂŁ100 million for each year they have been found to have broken the rules. These fines to be held on trust for unsecured claims from 3rd parties without specific recourse under the PL rules.

Lastly, I would impose a 2 year ban on incoming transfers exceeding ÂŁ20 million per transfer, for the next two years in which they compete in the PL.

PL can’t pursue the fraud elements, that would be for HMRC and it would be up to the FA to determine FA Cups and other issues.

I think those steps would be proportionate.

5 Likes

There is already a journalist digging into the Haaland transfer. Although it was announced they paid £51m for him, he states, they actually paid £250m for him, with the caveat that Dortmund remain silent on the matter…
Will post more when other articles appear

5 Likes

I like your sanctions, but I don’t understand why you would not reallocate titles for 2009 to 2018 but you would for the seasons after that. Why differentiate between the two periods?

Would love to know what that’s supposed to mean.. Dortmund is publicly traded, they have to release huge transfer sums, if they had cheated by multiple times we’re talking serious criminal charges. Let alone Haaland supposedly had that release clause.
I think it was well reported at the time that the whole deal itself (to Haaland and agents etc) was astronomical, there were numbers like 300 million floating around.

3 Likes

Really… that’s quite quick. And after that? They’ll surely have another availability for legal recourse, won’t they?

It shouldn’t be forgotten neither that we were in for Haaland … and look what we ended up with instead. :grimacing:

Yeah, it wasn’t so much the transfer fee, rather all the financial deals around it which seem to have been astronomical indeed.

1 Like

Limitation issues mostly. But it definitely keeps it more streamlined.

None that would see it dragged out for more than a few further weeks.