Shamchester Cheaty* - 130 charges (and counting...) (Part 2)

Is that just giving second place the title? As much as I’d love the four titles in a row Man Utd came second in 20/21.

1 Like

And Spurs would have been there at some point, no?

And have to say that Man United finishing 2nd in 2017/18 and 2020/2021 and getting those throughly undeserved titles won’t set right by me. Their point tallies were miles behind City’s. We lost ours by single points.

4 Likes

They had a late season collapse, came third and Leicester won it that year.

1 Like

It only covers 2014-2018 I believe.

They came second to Chelsea in 16/17.

1 Like

From 2009-2018.

But an argument can well be made that City improved on those ill-gotten gains from 2019 onwards and hence deserved to have all their records removed.

Plus there’s absolutely no indication that City didn’t continue to flout the rules.

https://www.nytimes.com/athletic/7049721/22020/2021026/09/25/manchester-city-charges-verdict-premier-league/

Pep’s titles are found outside of the window. But those are tainted as well by association and deserve to be removed too.

And fuck Chelsea off while we are at it too. Those scums didn’t play by the rules too.

Pay Me GIF

9 Likes

I’m surprised to see so much enthusiasm on here. Rich people always find a way to escape punishment. They will find a way. There is no justice in this world, and anyway, we are accustomed to be fucked over and there is no reason for it to change.

3 Likes

Rui Pinto, I’d like to buy you a pint!

Man City charges latest: Who is Rui Pinto? - BBC Sport

4 Likes

Just came here to say this, take a bow Rui Pinto.

3 Likes

I Love It Chefs Kiss GIF by Magic: The Gathering

3 Likes

That should be put up on the score board, would be brilliant

2 Likes

However, with City breathing down our necks we had to go for the wins, which changes the whole mentality.

1 Like

There is a principle of proportionality that the Courts can determine so words like unlimited are not wholly accurate.

1 Like

1 Like

I know but we have to stick to that period.

As I said I’d rather they weren’t awarded.

2 Likes

But all that ‘messy’ situation is down to individual clubs suing City for loss of revenue and making their life hell for years to come as they did with these charges.

2 Likes