Shamchester Cheaty* - 130 charges (and counting...) (Part 2)

The hit album years in the making

12 Likes

Ok. Bit the bullet and went to bluemoon.

Why do all non City fans on here “come in peace” and then spout bollocks?
Literally absolute bollocks.
I’m not zeroing in on you specifically, btw, but you lot come on here and talk to us like you understand.
It’s like a man telling a woman how to feel after being sexually assaulted. You haven’t lived this.
I couldn’t give a monkey’s what other fans think. It’s not relevant now or in the past, or in the future.
Everyone apart from City fans are the enemy. We are so far outside of normal fan partisanship that the animosity we feel now will last generations.
You better hope that City win this battle, cos if we don’t, your City neighbours will be fucking off into a euro super league and leave you lot scratching around for scraps.
Your destiny is tied to ours. Whether you know it, or care about it, or not.

Very crude inference there ofcourse.

4 Likes

Saw this one on reddit. :rofl:

15 Likes

I still think most of what’s being discussed, action wise is more wish list stuff. This is destined to be dragged through countless courts. Just like their Euro ban. Cynicism or not I think we will still be discussing this in 2030.

1 Like

@GermanRed , Start the Man Cheaty match thread already.

2 Likes

Remember when you fell in love with football?

True but that’s not to say they aren’t part of the commercial success currently and their removal wouldn’t weaken the commercial appeal of the league.

1 Like

It’s more complicated than most Olympic events because it’s points accumulation in one on one match ups rather than a knockout or single event competition.

The obvious route is to just award it to second place. But really what you should do is recalculate everyone’s points with each City game forfeited. But they’ll never do that because that could have implications on relegation and European qualification which would open a huge can of worms.

Far more likely they let them keep the titles and leave it to individual clubs to pursue legal recourse against City themselves if they wish.

1 Like

@Quicksand is in charge atm but I think it’s too early. Two weeks until we play them.

4 Likes

https://x.com/CELfc97/status/2103975229903049041

8 Likes

Recalculating everyone’s points, and goals scored and conceded, did occur to me after I made that post. I think that would probably affect European qualification but probaly wouldn’t have any impact on the second placed team becoming champions or on who got relegated. I doubt if any of the relegated clubs got any points off City.

One possible way of dealing with the compensation can of worms would be what @Mascot suggested, a one billion pound fine which would be used to pay compensation provided that all entities agreed to not sue City.

2 Likes

Whatever punishment that has been discussed, I consider it incomplete if they are not forced to wear this kit for the next decade.

2 Likes

https://x.com/TheAthleticFC/status/2104102036966978029

https://www.nytimes.com/athletic/7632339/2026/09/27/manchester-city-premier-league-115-what-next/?unlocked_article_code=1.EVE.YkoJ.p89BNy0LRKlZ&source=twitteruk

Edit

https://x.com/TimesSport/status/2104119635419320821

2 Likes

Sky and others should stop airing the Cheaters best moments

2 Likes

Seen through the prism of a club “bending” the rules.
They made absolute shit of the rules. What a dreadful piece of journalism, cowardly response.

8 Likes

People often criticise FSG but they have always been transparent and, in general, seem to be honest businessmen. Sharp, yes of course but not underhand.

I hope the new consortium do the same.

I wish someone would nail Chelsea for selling a hotel and the women’s team, basically to themselves. Legal yes. Ethical no.

7 Likes

I remember when I was a kid and played Championship manager.

I would create a second account to buy all my shit players, and start with clean slate and overinflated budget. Even as a kid I realised winning became a hollow victory. I needed to start again from scratch.

Every player knew what they were signing onto. All of us have known for a decade. However many of the players were no different to Maldini. Might not have been a brown paper bag. But they knew inflated wages were entities associated with the club. They are not innocent. All of them are tainted by the club.

10 Likes

Also I seem to remember one selling club telling that we couldn’t sell for a higher price even though they had offers because City offered that much more per week to the players that no other club would match even if it means paying an increased transfer fee.

The sheer amount of wages that city dealt is staggering and a chunk of those wages went to the players from associated parties and not from the club.

2 Likes

City , PSG and Chelsea were majorly responsible for inflating the transfer market and enticing players with ridiculous weekly wages

Clubs like Liverpool could take it. But there have been so many clubs which were forced to spend above their means to compete. Everton , leicester for starters.

2 Likes

i think that vastly over rates their standing… basically, apart from the true City fans, you might find a fraction of the support dissipates, but i think the attraction of the PL is the key here, to which this latest drama just adds…

in basic terms, if the premier league had 100 followers buying 100 TV subscriptions wearing 100 replica shirts prior to this, whoever replaces City in the pecking order, would mean the PL would still have 100 followers buying 100 TV subscriptions wearing 100 replica shirts… they might be just a different colour.

1 Like