Summer 2024 Transfer Window

https://x.com/TheAthleticFC/status/1821806010694033833

2 Likes

Do we have a sell-on clause?

1 Like

Yes, 20%! I thought that his initial fee was decent enough but this makes the whole deal look even better.

2 Likes

That gives a nice 13m to Liverpool over and above the transfer fee.

Just seen the fee mentioned in the social media transfer thread

Not sure which is more shocking how much Spurs are paying or David Lynch’s maths :rofl:

5 Likes

I think it should be 20% of the profit, not the whole fee, right? So, 20% of (57m-19m) pounds, which is 7.6m pounds. Not sure if add-ons work into that amount.

4 Likes

Your right - I had forgotten the clause was profit not fee based. I can’t see how that figure does allow for add ons (which could be as much as £600k) so there might be a little bit more cash to follow?

I’m disappointed in Edwards, he’s not the man I thought he was.

4 Likes

Regardless, it’s still a decent amount of money. I can’t for the life of me remember how much our club paid for him but with this add-on clause taken into account, I’d be surprised if the profit wasn’t at least 20 million pounds.

2 Likes

Think it was very marginal, around £3m if memory serves?

I already thought the £19m we got for him from Bournemouth was ludicrously high considering.

1 Like

Also, another young player whose career was going to waste until Liverpool took hold of him - probably our second best story of that ilk, right after Kevin Stewart!

1 Like

Nat Phillips is above Kevin Stewart, surely. Released by Bolton and in the airport waiting to fly to America to play college level… gets the call from Liverpool. Goes on to have a run in the first team that secures Liverpool’s return to the CL.

5 Likes

But we essentially got Robertson in return for Kevin Stewart, surely that qualifies him above Nat! :joy:

1 Like

Happy for Dom for him to get that sort of attention, but Spurs fans are already spitting feathers that he isnt good enough.

4 Likes

They don’t deserve him.

1 Like

Who were they expecting? Origi?

That Willian Pacho lad everyone was buzzing about at Frankfurt has gone to PSG for 40m.

2 Likes

https://x.com/fabrizioromano/status/1821950942259884515?s=46&t=qjQdwJi2khWQQz87wqB34A

1 Like

Stefano Sensi from Inter to Monza on loan.
Antonio Raimondo from Bologna to Venezia on loan.
Bryan Zaragoza from Bayern to Osasuna on loan, €250k fee.
Berat Ozdemir from Al-Ittifaq to Basaksehir on loan.
Micah Hamilton from City to Middlesbrough for €4.1m.
Willian Pacho from Eintracht to PSG for €40m.
Deniz Undav from Brighton to Stuttgart for €26.7m.
Finley Burns from City to Hull on loan.
Dani Olmo from RB Leipzig to Barcelona for €55m.
Casper Tengstedt from Benfica to Hellas Verona on loan.
Myron Boadu from Monaco to Bochum on loan.
M’Bala Nzola from Fiorentina to Lens on loan.
Tyler Onyango from Everton to Stockport on loan.
Liam Millar from Basel to Hull for €3.5m.
Gabriel Slonina from Chelsea to Barnsley on loan.

Brilliant work there from Barca. Letting their youngster leave (for free) to Dinamo Zagreb was a great piece of business. :laughing:

5 Likes