Summer Transfer Window 2020

All the deals happening around the world this summer.

Dani Ceballos looks set to rejoin Arsenal on loan from Real for a second season:

1 Like

Someone tell Zoran to hurry up and get here. :angry:

6 Likes

Ritsu Doan from PSV to Arminia on loan.
Roger Assale from Young Boys to Dijon for ÂŁ3.6m.
Chidozie Awaziem from Porto to Boavista on loan.
Marcal from Lyon to Wolves for ÂŁ1.8m.

3 Likes

Callum Wilson from Bournemouth to Newcastle confirmed, ÂŁ20m.

3 Likes

Ryan Fraser from Bournemouth to Newcastle on a free confirmed.
Mattia Destro from Bologna to Genoa on a free.
Gonzalo Martinez from Atlanta United to Al-Nassr for ÂŁ14.7m.
James Rodriguez from Real Madrid to Everton confirmed, ÂŁ22.5m.

2 Likes

Ethan Ampadu from Chelsea to Sheffield United on loan.

1 Like

Wow, that one came out of nowhere, at least for me. That should be a very interesting move, Ampadu is a rather nice talent (I preferred his previous haircut, though), capable of playing multiple roles. I bet Wilder will be very happy with that, considering his rather fluid system. Could use a bit more pace, skill and finishing up front, though.

3 Likes

They’ve got Jayden Bogle and Max Lowe from Derby too which look like really good signings. Bogle is only 20 but has been regular for a couple of seasons now and Max Lowe was a breakout star for them last season.

I imagine Derby fans are pretty annoyed that they’ve let those two go.

3 Likes

Was looking at their roster at the moment making two XI’s because it seemed to me that they have a lot of players. But nah, that’s probably the wrong impression I got because they do play with a lot of defenders/midfielders.

I guess their 6 CB’s now are; O’Connell, Basham, Egan, Jagielka, Ampadu and Robinson. 4 wing backs; Baldock, Bogle, Stevens and Lowe.

We’ll see what they add in central midfield and up top. But at the moment it’s basically 6 CM’s in; Berge, Norwood, Lundstram, Osborn, Fleck and Rodwell.

4 strikers in McBurnie, Mousset, McGoldrick and Sharp. Callum Robinson is still there, but he was on loan at WBA, so maybe they don’t count on him.

We’ll see what other changes/replacements they make, I guess it could be in the final third.

1 Like

Jagielka is still playing?! :open_mouth:

1 Like

Yeah, they gave him a 1-year extension last month.

1 Like

Amazing, thought he’d retired years ago!

2 Likes

Kenedy from Chelsea to Granada on loan.

The Athletic:

Aston Villa have lodged a second bid for Arsenal goalkeeper Emiliano Martinez and are waiting to see if they can land their man, reports Gregg Evans.

Villa, who are understood to have submitted a bid which is now substantially closer to Arsenal’s £20million asking price, can offer Martinez a starting spot as Tom Heaton is out with a knee injury and will miss the start of the campaign.

Arsenal will not let the Argentinian leave unless they can get their desired replacement in, though, and this is the sticking point.

Mikel Arteta’s top target is Brentford’s David Raya but the Championship promotion hopefuls are adamant he is not for sale, so at this point it means there is still some way to go before Villa find out whether they can bring Martinez in.

1 Like

Take Karius, take Karius, take Karius.

4 Likes

Is that to the tune of Blame Canada?

3 Likes

Out of the bottom of my heart. :sunglasses:

1 Like

That doesn’t make sense to me - Arteta is happy to sell Martinez because he wants to bring in another starting goalkeeper? There is still an issue of having “too many” good, young goalkeepers.

2 Likes

Nah, I think he’d still view Leno as his no.1, I left out a few paragraphs to make it a bit shorter. Raya would then probably come in as backup. There’s an argument on the first point of course because Martinez has done well for Arsenal lately. But maybe they’d prefer money.