Summer Transfer Window 2020

Brighton have signed Danny Welbeck as a free agent on a 1-year deal.

Not sure about the wages of both but how could anyone pick Welbeck over Sturridge?

I can see the point, even if it’s not a really impressive deal. In their transition of style, but still in the primary need of providing results, they can do with a few more experienced heads. Welbeck is not a goalscorer, but he was always underrated in the game involvement areas for me. Though his level also dropped as time went on, he also had some injuries. I could see him in one of those second striker roles. Put him in Brighton’s fluid offensive game, he will have no problems being part of that in some capacity for a short while.

He can get on the field for more than 20 minutes?

2 Likes

Sick and sicker not sure who is sickest. :grinning:

1 Like

He is raved about by statisticians but the step up from Championship to Premier League is a big one so plenty of questions to be answered.

I wouldn’t have been against us having a look at him for that price though.

1 Like

One last random bit of news before we can close this thread and wait for the January one… and who else but Newcastle.

:joy:

Luciano Vietto from Sporting Lisbon to Al-Hilal for £6.3m.
Filip Bradaric from Cagliari to Al-Ain on loan.
Ahmed Hegazy from WBA to Al-Ittihad on loan.

1 Like

This lad, Fofana, has started very brightly for Leicester. Fair play to him, looks a decent player already and still only 19.

1 Like

Completely agree. Was going to post after his debut. I am mildly surprised. Of course he’s a talented lad but I’m surprised by how quickly he’s adapted to the physicality and pace. And he seemed to quickly grasp his job, what’s expected of him. Does not at all look out of place. Leicester looks like they got a good one.

Kyriakos Papadopoulos signed for Lokomitiva Zagreb.

Yeah, bit of a random one.

You get hundreds of ex-well known talents like these who just never make it and end up playing lower level football. A lot of people still remember them and think there’s a player in there.

I remember he was wearing number 9 at HSV back in the day! :joy:

Hate this Spanish rule.

2 Likes

I sort of understand it as imagine how screwed a team could be if multiple players they had been planning on using decided to activate their buy out clause on the last day.

1 Like

Same. Its doubly bad because of all Spanish contracts having buy out clauses that can easily be activated.

2 Likes

“Easily” is very relative. Most of them are not easy to activate either in the amount required or the process.

1 Like
4 Likes

Can this thread be renamed for both 2021 transfer windows?

1 Like

Also it looks like RB Leipzig will sign Dominik Szoboszlai in January from Red Bull Salzburg.

#feederclub #parkingspot #powerplant

2 Likes

Ermm…the thread title :face_with_hand_over_mouth: