Summer Transfer Window 2021

well said!! and Konate could also end up being the backbone of ours

1 Like

I would take Konate over White every day, all day, and twice on Sunday.

I have no idea how or why it was established Ben White is worth £50M but that valuation is absolutely mind bending for me. Even dumber that Arsenal is spending that.

9 Likes

He’s a very good defender, good passer etc. But absolutely terrible in the air. We’ve got the far better defender for our style in Konate.

There is a reason White is a decent defensive midfield… Think Fabinho at center back.

That price means we should get £15mil for Phillips!

1 Like

Being English makes Ben White ‘worth’ double of his market value :wink:

3 Likes

*see also John Stones and Harry the Fridge

4 Likes

Ben White is an English international dont you know…

1 Like

In that case, we should be getting £100m for Nat.

3 Likes

Arsenal are in advanced talks with Brighton over the signing of defender Ben White.

Sky Sports News reported Arsenal had a £40m bid rejected last week and discussions are continuing over a deal that could be worth in excess of £50m.

Negotiations are centred on the structure of payments and personal terms are not expected to be a problem, as all parties are hopeful a deal can be completed.

Nah Bro, dead club!

If he is good enough, he will end up at another club and not stick with Arsenal for a decade.

1 Like

Nathan Collins from Stoke to Burnley for £12.6m.
Ben Wilmot from Watford to Stoke for £1.5m.

1 Like

Seems like that’ll be a cool 200 million for just two players then, eh Pep. But it’s impossible to replace Auerro, right?

3 Likes

Not that he is a bad player, he is pretty good but 100m…trust me, I am not envious…there is buying like Man City and there is buying right, like what we do.

2 Likes

£100m for Grealish? :joy:

Decent player but not worth that. Plus, he’s a total knob… so he’ll fit right in at the Emptihad.

5 Likes

Although it’s only speculation in the online media at present, it makes you wonder how these valuations are arrived at. 100 million for the (wrong) England captain, at the peak of his career with a ton international caps, and the same amount for someone who has yet to really prove himself and who has only a handful of caps.

I’d say 50 million for Grealish would be about right, 60 at most. So is potential worth 40-50 million quid?

2 Likes

Its done according to loads of sources that will be announced when England go out of Euro 20 - so expect announcement Weds morning.

4 Likes

Sometimes the figures are inclusive of wages, taxes and agents fees etc. Other times I imagine round numbers are picked out of no-where. Can depend on who is leaking the info, if it is a club or agent trying to drive up a players price or attract new business. Maybe the buying club to drive up prices elsewhere in the market or to appear good at negotiation if the real figures are lower?

Villa don’t want to sell, so City will need to pay a big sum to get him.

Considering Spurs want £150mil for Kane, it’s a fair price based on that (not that I agree with either valuation…)

3 Likes

Oh, just the 250 mil for two players? City really are taking the piss now. Yes, we’ve had FFP and that didn’t work, but there really needs to be some kind of structure which although may not level the playing field, should at least limit the angle of incline. Perhaps a cap on how much a club can spend on player transfers in a 12 month period?

Yeah, I know. That’s just pissing in the wind.

5 Likes