Summer Transfer Window 2021

No, he could still play for City, in the Champions League.

3 Likes

Fixed it for you

4 Likes

Poor Messi. :joy:

Wanted to leave, did a little coup d’etat, got rid of the president basically.

Wanted to stay under new people at the club, couldn’t stay.

Wanted to go to City, couldn’t go to City, PSG was basically the only option left now.

4 Likes

It could be true, but if so at least partly a result of him staying away. He is further behind in readiness than his england colleagues because he stayed away when it was time to come back. Maybe they offered that to him for fear of burn out, but if so you’d think that would be very clearly communicated by the club.

2 Likes

I don’t think so. He was a good striker in Belgium and France. Chelsea paid a lot of money for him and then did their usual thing of buying someone else the next year.

If you change clubs every year it’s not exactly going to be motivating or the best way to get you performing at your best. I don’t know why he’d just allow it to carry on and not push for a move.

2 Likes

Yes, there is. I thought it was already in place (it was supposed to come into place last summer) but I now see that it’s been delayed to July 2022 “due to covid”. :thinking:

Covid seems to be the go-to excuse to justify doing or not doing something depending on what serves a particular interest. Most of the time I bet covid’s got fuck all to do with it. I bet we’ve all seen plenty of examples of this in our daily lives over the last 12+ months.

7 Likes

Got a feeling there’ll be quite a mad flurry of business between now and the window closing as clubs panic even more than usual.

Maximilian Eggestein from Werder to Freiburg for £4.5m.
Mike van der Hoorn from Arminia to Utrecht on loan.

:rofl:

2 Likes

Being one that is Not In The Know (Nitk)
Divock to Watford, Sarr to LFC…

Will be a sad day if/when Divock leaves…
He never been the same since that poster went up…!!!

He was fine with it going up I think it destroyed him it having to be taken down!

1 Like

So…

Bentancur, McKennie, Locatelli, Arthur, Ramsey and Rabiot.

Could be 6 CM’s for 3 spots if Max is opting for mainly a 4-3-3 this season. Although we’ll see, he can be also pragmatic as well and change.

Ramsey was a weird one still to this day and they didn’t get much from Arthur either, yet. Bentancur has developed nicely, Rabiot has improved on his first season and McKennie provided some fresh legs.

Dogan Alemdar from Kayserispor to Rennes for £3.1m.
Kenedy signed a new deal with Chelsea until 2023 and joined Flamengo on loan.
Denilho Cleonise from Genoa to Twente on loan.
Fer Nino from Villarreal to Mallorca on loan.

Arnaut Danjuma from Bournemouth to Villarreal for £22.5m, Villarreal’s new transfer record.

5 Likes

Any idea how good is he? That’s huge amount for a Championship player and a huge some for a club like Villarreal.

Ozan Tufan from Fenerbahce to Watford on loan.
Dario Benedetto from Marseille to Elche on loan.
Daouda Peeters from Juventus to Standard Liege on loan.

Well, he was signed when they were a Prem club. He was also linked with us earlier in the summer iirc.

1 Like

The best Championship players sell for more than that these days and Villareal aren’t really going to be competing for the high profile players. Its their biggest signing but even small prem clubs transfer records smash that.

1 Like

Juan Jesus from Roma to Napoli on a free.
Pedro from Roma to Lazio on a free.

Shaq off then? Or had the Lazio link already gone dead?

Also seeing reports surfacing the Lewa wants out at Bayern. I wonder how true this or if this isn’t some sort of engineered smoke screen to get movement on Kane? Im not sure that makes sense though because if City are planting it to make Levy understand they have an alternative, surely Levy will tell them good for them.

1 Like