TAN Fun with Flags

I always have a terrible fascination about flags (and maps) since my early teens. At one point I could recognize any national flags. It’s no longer the case anymore as many countries have changed their flags, without sending me a memo.

Let’s have some fun with flags. Raise your flags; national, state, whatever your heart desires. I have already raised mine. The top one was used during our Liberation War and was modified to the present one below.

5 Likes

Enough said…! :upside_down_face:

11 Likes

Naby and Ox love this flag

3 Likes

The flag of Nepal is the only non-quadrilateral national flag in the world.

earthquake relief GIF

4 Likes

The Vatican flag, and the Swiss flag are the only square national flags in the world.

Vatican-City-flag

Mountains Folklore GIF by Jungfrau Region
The Swiss flag is a big plus. (It had to be said)

4 Likes

I used to collect flags and my student digs were bedecked in them. I hung them on the walls and across ceilings like drapes, it was my “den”.

Most you will be familiar with but this is one I had and I’ll be interested to see who can identify it without cheating

Some German state, probably Bavaria???

Is this a countries flag?

No, it’s a city. Iftikhar is in the right country.

The crown looks like a wall with a gate so my guess would be a walled city. Berlin perhaps or is that too obvious? Maybe older than that coz it looks like a castle so I’m thinking a city famous for knights or castles? Any other famous walled cities in Germany?

2 Likes

It is Berlin, well in! I don’t know if the bricks in the crown refer to the old mediaeval city wall or not, maybe!

1 Like

Think in the official flag for Berlin the crown was removed 15 years ago.

1 Like

Would never have got it without Germany

Yes, I believe that’s right. I got the above version on a visit in 1992.

Here’s my school flag proudly unfurled at the top of Mount Everest (not by me, I hasten to add!)
20210805_104952

2 Likes

What about this one!!!
mt-flag

Is that a national flag? Is it Monaco?

Malta. Checking the dimension, but it looks square.

Not quite, it’s 2:3.

I really like the flag of Y Wladfa, our little Welsh settlement over in Patagonia. The area has an interesting history, assuming you have nothing else to do.

8 Likes

My mate and his wife honeymooned in Patagonia. They found it amazing to hear and read Welsh in deepest Argentina!

1 Like