TAN Greatest: Film for visuals. R16 open, post #1751

I might have said it, I often do, so forgive me if I repeat myself. When I first watched the movie, I said I’d never do it again because it left me despondent, I hated that feeling (same after watching Eraserhead). It took me six or seven years to watch it again and I saw it earlier this year for the third time (five or six years after the second watch). I enjoyed watching it from a different, hopefully more mature perspective but the overwhelming feeling of burden of the world as it is… I’m not really the most optimistic of persons, so that really stuck with me, especially from Somerset’s perspective. I won’t be derailing the thread anymore (aside from criticising Zibby for not playing StarCraft), sorry, everyone!

2 Likes

:open_mouth: :scream: :flushed: :frowning_face: :pleading_face:

YOU WERE THE CHOSEN ONE!!!

2 Likes

Should have separated this into hero’s and villains and then had an ultimate decider at the end. Criminal if The Joker doesn’t win btw.

1 Like

Heroes and villains are subjective :wink:

But that’s a good idea as well. Joker, Thanos seems amazing in their own ways. From TV shows perspective some of character arcs developed were so good. Night King from GoT had such a wonderful character development only to be fcked up.

GoT did have some badass female characters; Olenna Tyrell being one although she didn’t have much role in the overall scheme of things.

2 Likes

Absolutely. Just take Ole for example. :innocent:

3 Likes

You can’t let out James T. Kirk and Mr. Spock? :cry:

1 Like

Smug Andy, the middle age white guy is anyways getting shafted.

Where is Hodor?

1 Like

Since Homer Simpson is there…

3 Likes

@cynicaloldgit

Can you do this in one thread please. All anyone can now see in their timeline is rounds of this.

You can post a poll anywhere in the thread.

1 Like

Would it be possible for a mod or admin to merge all the threads? Surely that would be easier?

Thanks.

2 Likes

Too late now but how could I forget about Villanelle?!

2 Likes

Female characters suggestions

1. Imperator Furiosa
  2. Sarah Connor
  3. Ellen Ripley
  4. Leia Organa
  5. The Bride/ Black Mamba

EDIT : Just saw suggestions are over. Fair enough. Please consider these names, if you haven’t, for the next time.

2 Likes

Connor, Ripley and The Bride…good suggestions. Furiosa…hmm…not for me. Leia’s just a bit, meh. Your suggestions have prompted some further male characters…Terminator and also John Rambo, Rocky Balboa, John McLean, Tony Montana. We might need @cynicaloldgit to do another one, make it 32 entrants with two sides of the draw!

1 Like

Severus Snape is on the best characters in modern film.

6 Likes

Snake Plissken
Neo
Sauron
Blade
Zed
Hans Landa
Roddy Piper as Nada
Wez

1 Like

Keyser Soze

1 Like

Shawshank is so overrated… Its a fantastic film but I an “easy” pick.

1 Like

Female characters :upside_down_face:

Dana Scully

Ally Mc Beal

Carrie Bradshaw

3 Likes

I liked Ms. Lemon from Poirot :sunglasses:

1 Like

I have to add that how have we not included the most complex, intriguing character of all times to the list.

2 Likes