TAN PL Prediction League 23-24

You cannot shame me.

I honestly don’t give a flying fuck. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Cynical old git.

How do you change picks? Have looked on the app and cant see how to

Little bump for this.

Season starts on Friday!

The official PL fantasy league has also been renewed, for those interested.

Wow, only one player picked Brentford to win this (spoiler: it wasn’t me)

1 Like

@GratefulRed has made an absolutely blistering start to this…

1 Like

I started to get very dodgy emails coming from this so I have deleted my account :unamused:

1 Like

Had 1 dodgy email come through this morning to my email.

Logged into the app on my phone and had nothing, so think it might be spoofing the websites message system

This is one I got…I clicked the delete account link and it went through to the website and I got confirmation email that the account was deleted. I hope it doesn’t prove to be the source of annoying spam.

Same as mine, except mine was from Kiera Kiera. When you go into the app on your phone there is nothing, so think it is a case of someone cloning the website possibly.

i got an email from Jessie whos a nympho girl,

i thought my luck was in!

2 Likes

I got one in my inbox, haven’t opened it yet.

Thinking about deleting my account.

same here.

Hi there,

We’d like to apologise for a spam email you may have seen that was sent via Superbru’s BruMail system in the last few hours. We want to explain what happened, advise you on the impact, update you on how we’ll prevent this in future and, of course, say sorry.

Firstly, delete the email

Please delete the email from your inbox.

Secondly, they didn’t get your email address

Whilst you received an email to notify you of the BruMail, your email address was not shared with the spammers.

What happened

Overnight, spammers created new Superbru accounts and then used the BruMail features on our website to send the spam message out to random Superbru users. As such they didn’t penetrate our security or gain access to our data, but rather exploited existing features that are used for legitimate user-to-user messaging on Superbru.

The impact

The spammers’ objective was to send spam emails. By design, BruMail does not expose either the sender or receiver’s email address or other personal data to either party. The impact of this incident is therefore that you’ve been sent a spam email, but no more.

How we’ll prevent this in future

We have a clear understanding of what the spammers did and will add additional protections and validations to the BruMail system to prevent this from working in the future.

Apologies

We’re so sorry about this. We pride ourselves on taking care of our users and seeing a spam message like this go out is really upsetting. This is the first incident of this nature in more than 15 years of operating our platform.

BruMail has temporarily been disabled and service will be restored with additional protections in place within the next few days.

Apologies again and thanks for bearing with us.

3 Likes

How did they get our email addresses then?

bulk spam mail through their system.

1 Like

Thanks @Prolix and sorry that happened guys, sounds like it was a one-off, hopefully.

They didn’t. You were sent an automated notification from Superbru that you had received their equivalent of a Direct Message / Private Message. The actual message from the spammers was sent by, through, and to Superbru accounts with no direct access to your contact information.

I have no idea what you just wrote, but I feel strangely assured at the moment. :blush:

If you’ve ever written someone a direct message here on TAN, it’s the same kind of system. Sites often have a setting where you can choose to receive an email notifying you that someone has sent you a direct message, and that setting is often activated by default. The website isn’t giving your email address to whoever contacts you, it’s just relaying the information to you. If you turn off that notification setting you wouldn’t even know that you had gotten a spam message until you logged into Superbru (or TAN, or wherever) and viewed it directly on the website.

It sounds like they are making changes to prevent someone from creating a bunch of accounts to send those kind of messages, but it seems entirely above board that they are confident there was no data leak.

2 Likes