Thank fuck for that

Sorry for the site being down.

Halfway through a server upgrade the system crashed !!

Conor Mckenna Meeting GIF by FoilArmsandHog

Lets just say I was not the best pleased. But we are back online and I am going through things making sure they are working. Let me know if anything is amiss.

9 Likes

New side menu

1 Like

I am reviewing the likes from a year ago. I was about to answer Nikola about a PC game, then noticed he sent me that 26 weeks ago :smiley:
Something just happened. I have a million likes and responses popping up ! :smiley:

Did breifly see the side bar but when moving from the homepage to a thread it disappeared.

Not sure if that is supposed to happen or if something has fucked up

That was me playing :wink:

if you restart your browser. You should see a new menu when you click on your avatar

Is that what you get hourly ISMF? You busy lad.

Thats the server telling me, to stop buggering about !

1 Like

Given the staggeringly sized salary you receive via TAN and the unquantifiably large subs we all pay, I question whether you are appropriately involved with ensuring the site runs smoothly. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

When did it happen? Didn’t notice a thing.

Hmm, this looks complicated :grimacing:

1 Like

think I slept through all the fun.

have noticed that one of the menus in my reply field no longer has a slider where the settings and gif buttons would be hidden

I’ve noticed that we can no longer quickly access the latest posts from the hamburger menu.

Is it hidden away elsewhere? :thinking:

2 Likes

Brilliant. Thanks! :+1:

I’ve noticed that you seem less cynical - @ISMF1 is that an upgrade or a known bug?

1 Like

Having the same issue as @cynicaloldgit

Followed the steps as per @anon37516219 but still no luck… :neutral_face:

All my notifications are screwy.

I don’t like change.

FFS

1 Like

Finally managed to get it right.

3 Likes

Been away while the corruption in the desert thing was going on.
Wtf? It’s all gone rubbish. Notifications have gone haywire and incomprehensible and that three line thing (hamburger?) always took me to latest posts, which is obviously the first thing everyone wants to see. Now I have to go all around the houses to get there.
Why? How is this an improvement?

Wow! It’s gone back to normal somehow :slightly_smiling_face:

I take it all back.

1 Like

Discourse (software that runs the forum) is a bit like an operating system. I need to update it on a regular basis to keep it secure, and make sure things continue to work. Sometimes though things are updated which are not so much of a choice.

The new notifications and hamburger menu are good examples.

For notifications I don’t have a choice. I am stuck with it as I did an upgrade. ,

With Hamberger menu, I can do legacy version or a sidebar type option.

What I would say is there are several ways to look for latest post. Including using

Icons at top.

Also

using buttons (if on a mobile/ipad)

or if you are on the main screen. Just type “G” “U”

:slight_smile:

1 Like