The Amazing Planet and Nature Thread

They really need to keep that kind of thing under wraps. We’ve been trading on the whole, ‘the species needs us for survival’ since forever. When the ladies figure this shit out we’re done for.

2 Likes
1 Like
7 Likes

Aw, please Mum can we keep him? I’ll feed him and take him for walks and clean up after him. Please?

It is a very pretty spring day today

8 Likes

9 Likes

Beautiful photos @Magnus. :+1::nerd_face:

3 Likes

Just now, it is gliding up there. Maximum zoom on my phone but you need a lens really to capture it. Ocean eagle gliding amongst the mountain top and Kragset cairn.

5 Likes

Pfffft. Nothing compared to the view from my desk.

2 Likes

Took this today on my phone at Nkumbe Lookout in the Kruger. Seemingly endless savanna.

8 Likes

Lovely. :nerd_face:

1 Like

Literally just walked into my apartment. 13h47 minute drive, three 15 minute stops. Still have to unpack all the camping equipment. I’m knackered.

Enjoy

7 Likes

6 Likes

12 Likes

A pair of pale blue pants with nobody inside them.

Absolutely fantastic. What gear were you using?

1 Like

Likely skunk in South Africa.

@wyld.at.hrt I hope you know what your doing, looks dangerous to me. Fantastic!

1 Like

Nothing too fancy actually. Entry level DSLR, Canon 4000-D, not sure what they call it over by you and a Sigma 75-300mm zoom. I’d love to have one of those big fuck off lenses that looks more like an artillery piece than a lens but sadly, not yet. Lol.

I should have had more pics tbh. I’m still a noob and driving and positioning the vehicle while keeping an eye out for a good shot while not hitting anything makes for some hasty shooting at times and so I use auto focus most of the time, which is a pain, and because manual focus on this lens is finicky at best. As a result I’ve had what should be perfect shots of male lions end up being perfect shots of the branch of a thorn bush that happened to have a lion blur just behind… :man_facepalming:

2 Likes