The Book Thread

For Roméo Dallaire, the movie with the same name as the book did him a massive disservice. Poor guy was suffering from PTSD and almost committed suicide afterwards.

Related to Iris Chang, I’ve read The Woman Who Could Not Forget: Iris Chang Before and Beyond The Rape of Nanking: A Memoir, I think that her mother wrote (or assisted) this biography of her? It has been a while and I do not remember much of the details.

1 Like

Different (non-football) forum.

1 Like

Truthfully, for a variety of reasons I’ve really struggled to do anything creatively this year. I’ve made a start on it, but when I really get rolling with it again (hopefully in the not too distant future), I would think it will still be about a year off being finished.

It’s really cool you saw an ad for book 2, though, chuffed with that!

3 Likes

Assuming that Raven comes out victorious, if he doesnt celebrate with a little Hendo shuffle I am going to burn my other volumes.

3 Likes

I’d settle for a Suarez dive as the body and head Raven has just separated slumps to the floor.

2 Likes

He?

One of the reviews mentioned that the protagonist was a woman?

Is it suitable for children? 8 Yr old girls specifically?
@ZinedineBiscan

2 Likes

you post so maturely for an 8 year old :rofl:

4 Likes

Apparently I need to work on my humility though. Typical 8 Yr old know-it-all.

4 Likes

Yeah, Raven is a girl, the male protagonist is Cole.

There’s no sex, a little bad language but not to excess. But if I had to put a minimum age on it I’d probably say pre- to early-teens.

3 Likes

Bob Dylan discusses your final paragraph in I and I

Awesome post again.

2 Likes

Read his earlier work, They F*** You Up, first. Gives you a very good grounding in some of his theories.

2 Likes

I knew you guys love books :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Wow thank you I got paid! I and I…never knew that one, now its I and I. Are you terrestrial or not? :alien:

2 Likes

Poo-tee-weet

2 Likes

I saw that coming in time three years earlier, we will both go on to great success, here is my pay-pal details, you are welcome, so it goes.

2 Likes

Who! @Alright_Now!!! The jury is still out :shushing_face:

2 Likes

I always think about this as similar to the concept of entropy in chemistry. The natural chemical and physical order is a tendency towards disorder so that creating and maintaining order requires energy. In the social context, we have to work hard, and sometimes against our innate urges for the creation and maintenance of a civil and just society.

4 Likes

I have had this thought as well!..you put it very well. In fact a muse of mine right now is borrowing from physics into metaphysics; Giles Deleuze did it to me, in post-structuralism, how words and concepts evolve like trees grow, or like how mud hits the floor. Bifurcation and rhizome. It really is nothing to do with logic or A+B=C. Its way more complicated.

1 Like

I do have trouble with entropy, though, as I know I havent lived long enough, but the universe does seem to be in a kind of balance. And so also outwith the big bang!

1 Like

Just found this gem in our local digital library. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :heart_eyes:

Believe Us: How Jürgen Klopp transformed Liverpool into title winners by Melissa Reddy

3 Likes