The British Royal Family

Oh yes, good call, hysterectomy is 2 weeks bedrest after surgery and good 2 or 3 months recuperation. Fits in the time frame for the supposed time for Kate to resume official royal duties.

1 Like

Ahh Dane, I knew it, you love reading ‘Hello’ magazine. :joy:

I am fed up with the referees, need a distraction.

2 Likes

Think you missed my point Maria :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Exactly! No way, can one wear skinny jeans after abdominal surgery, it is really sore at that area, when you have been cut open. I don’t think Kate did the photoshop, someone else did.

2 Likes

Agree, and I got really bored with the “what makes a man a man - Masculinity’” thread :joy:

1 Like

I kind of get you were thinking. :slightly_smiling_face: :thinking:

1 Like

Can we get back to talking about referees now?

Yeah…but it’s been 2 /3 months…wasn’t she in hospital in January

1 Like

Yes, you can, there is a thread in The Albert for that one :joy:

1 Like

It takes two months for recovery, she should be near complete recovery.

Years ago, I had an abdominal myomectomy and I had 6 weeks recovery with least 1 week bedrest. My operation had complications where I had to have 4 blood transfusions. When I was home, I remember I couldn’t lift a kettle because when I tried to lift it, my tummy hurt. I was wearing loose trousers for weeks. I was told to walk every day for abit to keep active.

3 Likes

Sorry to hear about that…luckily I’ve not had any ladies operations…but from friends I understand its quite traumatic…all the blokes on here will be cringing at our ‘lady’ conversations…but they should know the (dare I say) all the ins n outs…

3 Likes

A healthy young woman would need the basic time required to be up and about again. Not fit enough for strenuous exercise, or even a return to official duties, but fit enough for a photo, a smile and wave, and a ‘see you around Easter’ sort of statement.

It would have satisfied curiosity as to how she was doing, and won the best wishes of the people who had any interest in the Royal Family.

They have handled this very poorly indeed, and the dodgy picture just raises more questions as to what is going on.

2 Likes

Wilko the best thing in hospital was the morphine pump, every time the pain started I pressed the pump, i felt I was in heaven, it was lovely! :slightly_smiling_face: :heart:

I think, if you can tolerate the first 2 weeks out of surgery, then, you can manage
I am glad I did it, the recovery was okay, the other option was 9 month after care, but less invasive, but may not have worked and I might have ended going back to do the abdominal surgery anyway.
I went to Scotland after 6 weeks of recovery and I did a hell alot of walking which helped me so much. I was fine by 3 months.

3 Likes

Prince Willy has been playing away with Rose Hanbury again I reckon. Like father like son, relationship is definitely in its final stages.

Nick Offerman Popcorn GIF by NBC

2 Likes

As long as everything was ok…a good 4 months sounds good for recovery…

1 Like

Sexist!

How can you get bored with gaining fascinating insights into the inner workings of Men in the modern world?
A broad cross section of modern males delving deep into beer, cars, chasing women and why they aren’t allowed to carry bags.
Essential reading.

And free tutorials on how to navigate Men in this complex world.

Thank us later.

And me.

1 Like

and one geriatric git too.

1 Like

Red Flag Run GIF by BuzzFeed

3 Likes