The British Royal Family

You’ll find me there from now on. Zero interest in a dysfunctional family promoted to some demi god status because of some twisted history.

Saying that referees are no different.

I’m embracing my inner @cynicaloldgit from now on.

1 Like

How much property does the royal family and their relatives own in England ?

I assume that’s much more than what the figureheads of other european countries own. If UK have to start living in a post-monarchy society , I’d assume that quite a chunk of that property needs to be surrendered to the government.

Not a new article, but unlikely that much has changed.

1 Like

We have a confirmed Lizard overlord amongst us!

Even worse in Scotland - I understand less than 500 people or ~0.01% of the Scottish population own half of the country.

1 Like

Quick summary of what’s going on… It is all a bit strange tbh

1 Like

Interested enough to come here and tells us all how disinterested you are.
:+1:

Nothing will be done about these people under the tories. They all want knighthoods and to be made lords and ladies. Even Starmer is beholden to the royals. Politicians as a species are all after a leg-up (or three) on the status ladder I strongly suspect. The royals are a virus that has been infecting the English national body for so long that’s it’s almost impossible to envisage a vaccine for it. Depressing, no?

2 Likes

Thanks

Are you actually ok today?

I’m fine every day thanks

1 Like

Yes but today, are you okay today? :rofl:

1 Like

Sorry @Dane realised I’ve got my dates confused - I was saving that post for RUOK day. Outside of that date, no one gives a flying fuck.
Mods plz delete

1 Like

It’s no good blaming politicians. The Royal Family still have the backing of the public. Something like 35% in favour of abolition.

1 Like

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again: if the royal residences were turned into hotels, we’d clear the national debt in a couple of years. Tourists with more money than sense (especially American ones) would pay insane amounts to sleep where the late Queen, Diana, etc, slept.

4 Likes

Maybe that’s what Harry and Meghan want to do ?

Good good. I was concerned you might go full serf there for a moment.

It appears amateur photo-editing is a big thing in the Windsor family. Even Charles has been at it.

I agree @Livvy

Those sausages do not look appetising…

https://x.com/KaiseratCB/status/1767631777890193478?s=20

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/slainbyelf/status/1767204305121992950?t=NPTS0mXB6EGLeQNpKPCS_Q&s=19