The British Royal Family

“Unfortunately, people in China looked a little too closely at this photoshoot of the Marquis and Marchioness of Cholmondeley in their gorgeous stately home, and noticed that it’s full of authentic Chinese furniture and artefacts that were stolen from China during the fall of the Qing dynasty, and they are pissed.” :rofl:

https://twitter.com/sugabelly/status/1769905319109341482

1 Like

Related to the poet Siegfried too…

This story just gets better and better :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Stately homes and museums up and down the country are full of nicked stuff and stuff paid for with the proceeds of nicked stuff, people, countries and whatever. The people who acquired these items didn’t even care. The Walker Art Gallery in Liverpool has a copy of the Mona Lisa. At the time the painting had been stolen and the individual who acquired it believed that it was the original.

1 Like

I don’t think the Chinese have a leg to stand on. They can fuck right off

It’s irrelevant. The point is the drama and the intrigue!

1 Like

The Chinese have obviously kidnapped Kate and are demanding their antiques back.

Fixed

1 Like

https://twitter.com/KiribatiGov/status/1770450799187157091

2 Likes

well… Out of all the conspiracy theories out there, this one would make sense tbf

https://twitter.com/OurHealthMD/status/1770912608222118271

1 Like

https://x.com/Channel4News/status/1771235619697537484?s=20

It doesn’t matter where you are and what social status you come from, Cancer is a horrible disease.
Wishing Princess Kate a swift recovery. The press can now give her some privacy instead creating a frenzy of stories, conspiracy theories to the public. The person who has it needs time to be ready when they want to tell friends and extended family and in Kate’s case the general public.

7 Likes

So, Kate just revealed she has cancer and is undergoing chemo, which makes the palace blaming the photo editing on her even weirder. Hopefully she gets better and their PR learns from this. I will never understand why they tried so hard to cover everything up, a lot of weird speculations wouldn’t have been made tbf.
Edit…
If they announced this weeks ago, she’d have had everyone’s sympathy and received all the privacy she wanted. Instead there were lies, fake pictures and videos etc.

5 Likes

I know. It’s both pointless and stupid.

Just like the royal family, really.

5 Likes

Well, I hope all the internet conspiracy ghouls are feeling proud of themselves.

3 Likes

Very upsetting news for Kate and her family. I wish them all the best.

It’s not inconceivable now that William could be both King and a widower in the not too distant future. :no_mouth:

I had absolutely no idea what was going on with all of this - saw something about “controversy” over a doctored photo and jusr rolled my eyes and moved on with life. Now catching up what it has all become and it’s extremely unseemly to the internet take absolutely nothing and spin it in this way when at the heart of the issue is a real person going through a difficult time.

Social media really is the arsecrack of society.

4 Likes

Best wishes to Kate for a full recovery. Hard to know what’s what as cancer types, treatment and prognosis vary so much. Hopefully it was caught early and treatment is successful.

The Royal Family could have easily averted lots of speculation with a little more disclosure. The picture thing was ridiculous too.

Still, going beyond those missteps, this is a very human story, and regardless of privilege, sickness is part of the human condition and something that can affect anyone. Best wishes to her.

1 Like

The presumed location of the cancer is a concern, not just the cancer itself. Lucky that the surgery was successful enough to catch it in time so that preventative chemo was advised.

Bad karma. No one should have to deal with that shit, but what really annoys me is the blanket coverage by the media. Okay, she’s high profile, but I know at least 3 nearest and dearest who’ve had to deal with this and several others who’ve passed away from it. The inequality of concern is what angers me. Yeah, I know, just voicing off.

2 Likes

Kensington Palace handled the whole situation badly. If the hadn’t put out that photoshopped picture out and that suspect video of Kate and William walking to the shop, there wouldn’t haven’t been such social media frenzy.
They handled Charles disclosed illness better.

2 Likes