The Central Midfield Thread

My prediction on Curtis was and still is that he is going to be a long term squad player.

Like Isco at Real for example (hopefully he can collect the same number of trophies).

I think heā€™ll be more important to LFC than Isco was to Real.

2 Likes

Bit harsh, seeing that English isnā€™t his native language.

1 Like

I think heā€™ll give up at LFC earlier than Isco did at Real.

Might have a good season now but Iā€™m expecting another ā€˜expensiveā€™ midfield signing to replace Thiago next summer which will make things difficult again for Curtis.

1 Like

Itā€™s not even my second or third language :dotted_line_face:

2 Likes

The life of a player at a top club. Itā€™s always difficult with the other players scratching around trying to take your place having genuine quality. The defining game of Gini Wijnaldumā€™s career, the semi final second leg against Barcaā€¦he only came on as a sub after getting left out of the starting XI.

2 Likes

Only a little joke. Bit touchy seeing that English is your native language.
:face_with_open_eyes_and_hand_over_mouth:

You know four languages :star_struck:

Ok

I have spent half my life trying to persuade German speakers not to use constructions like the above, so it can be difficult to refrain from correcting, but it takes a lot of balls to post on a public forum in a foreign language.
We could have a grammar correction thread. Iā€™m sure that would be very popular :wink:

1 Like

Jones just needs a slight change name change to get more respect, Curtinho should do it. :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Yeh, or Jonillo.

1. Kurmanji (northern kurdish) is my native language

2. German because I was born and live here

3. In my home home village here in Germany we have a huge Aramaic community. Growing up with many arameans I was able to learn the language.

4. Started learning English from 5th grade on in school.

5. Had 5 years of French in school but Iā€™m barely able to order a drink :sweat_smile:
    Pretty sure the basics are still somewhere in my head but havenā€™t been to France for 20 years.

12 Likes

Oh man, I envy you. Just managed to learn English. Had Arabic in school for several classes, but barely learned anything. Tried learning German and Spanish during university years, but barely progressed beyond some phrases.

1 Like

Coming from south-east turkey my parents also speak that language but Iā€™ve wanted to learn it.

Wish I would have used the 5 years Iā€™ve wasted with French in school with spanish.

Youā€™d have a passing knowledge of Hindi / Urdu ?

I have my doubts :relieved:

I think we will sign one and see if there are late deals available if not we wait til Jan and see how the land lies.

Our CL and PL winning midfield:
Henderson
Milner
Fabinho
Keita
Ox
Lallana
Wijnaldum
Shaqiri

Next season:
Thiago
Mac Allister
Szoboszlai
Lavia
Jones
Bajcetic
Elliott

On paper I have to say in comparison next seasons midfield looks short in quantity, quality and experience.

New signings will have to deliver rightaway and Jones and Bajcetic will have continue to improve if we want to compete.

I would take the 2nd group any day. Way more talented than the 1st group, which mostly relied on the 3 starters never missing a game.

5 Likes