The Central Midfield Thread

Sometimes you need those characters, not every player is as quiet like Naby or cool like Bobby…we’ve had our fair share of bellend players. They’re our bellend players, we still got behind them.

The reaction in here is like we’re trying to sign Xhaka, this guy is always available…think he’s missed like 5-6 league games in 3 seasons for Leicester, never picks up red cards…doesn’t get into heated arguments, so I’m not so sure where this “bellend character” even stems from…Rodgers has only ever spoken of him in high regards…Is it because he’s said he doesn’t want to a sign a contract extension and that’s somehow gone public? Like what is it?

I think Tielemans would come in to take Elliott’s spot with Elliott being used more as a squad player for the next 2-3 years.

2 Likes

Midfielders better than Tielemens;

Henderson, Thiago, Keita, Elliot, Fabinho, Milner, Carvalho

Nunes, Laimer, Caicedo, Thuram, Bennacer, Konè, Moriba, Fernandez, Otávio, Sucic, Szoboszlai, Adams, Ramsey, Eze, Olise, Rice, Dewsbury-Hall, Ward-Prowse, Cook, Locatelli, Sandra, Veerman, Tanaka, Melamed, Clark

34… so 50 was a slight hyperbole.

Not much of a Tielemans-fan, he suffers from what I call the Dutch disease, playing the ball sideways or backwards 90% of the time.

Or simply gives the ball away. Agreed on Tielmans…just not good enough. It will never happen.

1 Like

Ruben Neves? One year left on his contract

Xhaka never had a red card???

Not sure where to go with this…
Confused Robert Downey Jr GIF

No, Xhaka never had a red card. Ever in his career.

This guy impresses the hell out of me. Only saw him a couple of time last season and didnt realize he was so young, and then against Utd he was dynamite. I was very interested to see the link to him in the twitter thread, but I guess it’s also one you’d assume we’d be following even without any inside info to share.

1 Like

I know! Brighton replaced Bissouma with this guy, dynamite - perfect description.

Hopefully Utd spunk £50mil on Casemiro instead of him.

Yes. Let’s buy a player to take time away from one of the brightest young prospects in the game, who is just getting stated. Great plan.

2 Likes

Elliott will still have his fair share of game time, he’s not going to be fully eased in for a good few years yet…you honestly see Elliott playing a pivotal role right now?

None of us would even be talking about bringing in a new midfielder if we all thought Harvey was the solution right now.

1 Like

…and leadership.

Agree with every word. The disrespect towards Hendo is astounding. His name will be written in the history books of the club long after his detractors fade away

4 Likes

Harvey Elliott has only impressed in the team. I love watching him play. I think he is ready to make more of a contribution this season.

2 Likes

Well he’s been our best midfielder by far for the first 2 games

3 Likes

There will soon come a day when Jordan Henderson will lose his place in the team. He’ll have lifted - as captain - every trophy available and made somewhere around 500 appearances.

And on that day the twats of Twitter will say ‘See. Told you he wasn’t good enough’. :rofl:

7 Likes

We did not win the Europa League when we had the chance to.

League Champion + Europa League winner this season - I’d take that rightaway :joy:

1 Like

He definitely won’t have a stand named after him, but I’m sure there is a broken gate somewhere than can use his name :grinning:

If Tielemans started training under Klopp he would end up beside ox on the treatment table, he’s a lazy little bastard.

1 Like

its exactly the same tactic i was forced to use on the Lucas debate…

Midfield needs surgery now or major surgery next summer.

2 Likes