The Central Midfield Thread

Unfortunately I can see Klopp hand Milner another extension instead of bringing in two midfielders next summer.

So klopp is handing out new contracts to the players now. :grinning::grinning::grinning:

No we have a transfer comitee for that :joy:

Interesting, that is.

The slight anomaly is the signing of Diaz.

I donā€™t think itā€™s conspiracy or restrictive spending I actually do think we are only willing to buy what we need, now you can criticise the idea of relying on some of that CMā€™s but they still exist in the same way as saying we should bring in a 5th CB.

Gomez hardly played last season because we only needed 3.

yeah, i cant remember how big the jan window was for everyone else, but we did stump up 50 odd for Diaz so it skews it a little bit

1 Like

And what a signing its been! Maybe another unexpected one this Jan?

Only because spurs started sniffing round Diaz.

4 Likes

yep, agree with both points, but in money terms its still money we spent, so without levelling up against what other clubs spent it takes our net spend higher, whether you want to suggest its in last years arbitary spending cycle (which means we still have jan to complete this years arbitary spending cycle) or this years.

Diaz was a target for this summer brought forward, so arguably our net spending should be Ā£1.8 minus whatever Diaz cost.
Iā€™d very much doubt another January signing next window.

Which is ironically not far off the 40m though I do feel that amount went a while back.

If Bellingham became available theyā€™d pay the cash in my view as I feel they would have bought both touchmani and Nunez.

2 Likes

So who are we buying :thinking: :eyes:

If Keita goes weā€™d buy a replacement.

But weā€™ll only buy ā€œ100% the right player.ā€

And we donā€™t have loads of cash to do that.

But a new midfielder would be nice.

However, Naby isnā€™t leaving.

Butā€¦

If Keita goes weā€™d buy a replacement.

(Repeat ad infinitum).

Caicedoā€¦ Pretty sure we can improve his Ā£3500 a week contract here somewhatā€¦

Isnā€™t available. Thatā€™s what his precise words were.

Round And Round Car GIF by CBeebies HQ

1 Like

Just going on what he reportedly said. Obviously that isnā€™t him saying he wants one and is being denied them. To me it read more like ā€œgiven weā€™ve got injuries having another option would be great but we donā€™t, so weā€™ll crack on with what we have and not moan about it.ā€

I get the feeling heā€™s just tired of the questions and having the Naby element thrown into the conversation is something he could do without in the build up to the game.

My (optimistic) take on it is that weā€™re negotiating for someone at the minute, and our best interests are served by the club making it known that weā€™re skint. We do have form for this.

5 Likes